Vinyl Me Please Essentials

If calling it "indie rock" is what it takes to get us Midnight Vultures, then so be it.
I believe the current "rules" VMP has placed on itself is that Essentials will not double-dip on an artist, so Beck is out since we had Odelay as an Essentials already.

If we could get Midnite Vultures in Hip-Hop on the other hand... 🤔

I believe the current "rules" VMP has placed on itself is that Essentials will not double-dip on an artist, so Beck is out since we had Odelay as an Essentials already.

If we could get Midnite Vultures in Hip-Hop on the other hand... 🤔
Those rules I believe were thrown out the window in favor of "fuck it, we will do what we want" with ATLiens. I thought it was for all tracks, not just essentials.

They were acquited.

In all honestly they should just just let them and Bjork do whatever they want as Icelandic musical ambassadors.
I'm still going to meme the tax fraud

Sublime is "bro-rock"...change my mind.
I'm not going to deny that.. even though lana made one of their songs better...

Yet I'm pretty sure the prime bro-rock band is like, Puddle of mud, or maybe the offspring

Yes, I amended my statement that I thought their rule wasn't exclusive to essentials.
I'd have to go do some digging to find their statement about it when ATLiens was announced, but I remember them saying Essentials specifically would still feature an artist only once, but that all other tracks were fair game to double-dip.

We aren't prepared for when it's inevitably 311

white-wrap618-01.jpg

They had albums in '97 AND '99.
My best friend LOOOOOOOOOOVES them. As a result, I have at least seven 311 concert tickets in my collection of shows I’ve been to. His wife simply refused to keep going to the shows.

I will say the drums/bass/lead guitar are excellent musicians. But even I can’t get past the vocals. In that way they are just like Led Zeppelin. Wait … is this the Hot Takes thread?

My best friend LOOOOOOOOOOVES them. As a result, I have at least seven 311 concert tickets in my collection of shows I’ve been to. His wife simply refused to keep going to the shows.

I will say the drums/bass/lead guitar are excellent musicians. But even I can’t get past the vocals. In that way they are just like Led Zeppelin. Wait … is this the Hot Takes thread?
Is no one going to reveal whooooo this band is??

If your friend has a turntable you might want to add this (Greatest Hits, Mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at QRP) to the short list of things on his Christmas list.

Always found it humorous the 311 catalog got the audiophile treatment. 😄

Back