Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Are we getting the next 3 announced today? I only jumped back in for a month for Spiritualized so just wondering when I can decide what to do. People seem pretty confident they know the next 3 already?

I'd be mildly happy about these if any of my last 3 essentials were actually a clean copy. But with 2 White Stripes, 2 BVSC and 2 Spiritualized all being duff copies I can't really bring myself to care about this...

were you happy with the John Mayer though?

:p

Sgt Pepper isn't great cause of the singles.

Sgt Pepper is one of the greatest albums ever recorded due to its outstanding production.

Sit down and listen straight through, those transitions are masterful.
There's a PBS Special about Sgt. Pepper and it's crazy some of the things they had to do to get some of those sounds that we take for granted today because you can do it in garage band.

*raises hand*

Hahaha! I have a top 6 of Beatles albums and they’re all top tier, so nothing is bad. Pepper’s is bottom of that for me. It’s still great and I agree with the comments on production, it was groundbreaking and quite the achievement. I just think the other 5 are better collections of songs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Day In The Life is a crowning achievement though

Hahaha! I have a top 6 of Beatles albums and they’re all top tier, so nothing is bad. Pepper’s is bottom of that for me. It’s still great and I agree with the comments on production, it was groundbreaking and quite the achievement. I just think the other 5 are better collections of songs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Day In The Life is a crowning achievement though

I'm clearly biased in favor of Pepper’s and Magical Mystery Tour because they were basically the first popular albums I ever got into when I was 8 or 9 years old. Those cassette tapes were basically tattooed onto my brain.

“Lovely Rita” is my favorite Beatles song, so I’m broken beyond repair.

Back