Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Introduced my fiancee to Moonstruck the other week. She had never seen it. That movie rules.

MASK!
mask_2.png

Even at work they still play the Ignition (Remix) and everyone always loves it when that song plays!

“Ignition (Remix)” is exhibit #1 in the argument in favor of separating art from artist.

so are you saying that sonny and cher did not have good albums?

Not precisely, but I am saying that they have no albums worth however much the monthly subscription costs.

Plus Nicolas Cage is part of that very small collection of actors (the others being Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Kevin Costner and James Stewart) that has never been in a bad movie. 100% solid gold every time

I don’t even care about movies, but this is an all-time hot take.

Basically... take Nathan's reaction should VMP re-press his ultimate wish list. That's how I'd react if they made a remake of The Three Musketeers with Cage, Cruise, Costner and Reeves in the main roles.

With Russell Crowe scoring a walk on
Ok, I'd pay to see that. I'd love to see Reeves attempt an accent. Cage overact that accent. Cruise do his own accent stunts. And Costner flat out refuse to do an accent.

I got nothing on Crowe. That dude will lump me up good.

“Ignition (Remix)” is exhibit #1 in the argument in favor of separating art from artist.

Counterpoint and exhibit #1 in the argument against that motion:

Ok, I'd pay to see that. I'd love to see Reeves attempt an accent. Cage overact that accent. Cruise do his own accent stunts. And Costner flat out refuse to do an accent.

I got nothing on Crowe. That dude will lump me up good.
Watch Much Ado About Nothing for Shakespearean Keanu

Not precisely, but I am saying that they have no albums worth however much the monthly subscription costs.
This is why I strongly believe there’s no chance the Essential pick could be Cher and her ex husband! The prices have gone up and if VMP announce Cher and Gregg Allman as the next two Essential ROTM’s, it will mean VMP would lose so much business, and it would indicate that they are stuggling!

I honestly think it’s no chance it’s Gregg Allman and Cher. Both those next to each other as Essential ROTM’s after a price increase makes no sense at all.

Storf also said that we will love the upcoming three Essential picks! Yes, he might say that about all Essential picks, but I just knew he meant that one, like as in they are 3 really strong Essential picks!

Baby Monster is very happy to know we won’t be getting Cher and Greg 🙌👏👏👏😌

Watch Much Ado About Nothing for Shakespearean Keanu

And Dracula. He nails it in Dracula. Doesn't he sort of accent up in Dangerous Liaisons too.

No stranger to a flawless english when the role calls for it is Keanu

What about Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique?

Wait, I can make it work. Adam Horovitz (aka Ad-Rock) is married to Kathleen Hanna (of Bikini Kill and Le Tigre) who is featured on Green Day’s American Idiot.

So...

October: Green Day - American Idiot
November: Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique
December: Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message

Back