Vinyl Me Please Essentials

:( , my replacement is sitting in my apartment's locker system, I have been too lazy to go get it, I have the day completely off so why even walk over there
I already reached out to the seller on hopes of a refund. it was mentioned on the listing that this seller accepts returns, which is the main reason I chose the seller in the first place, but I feel like a complete idiot for even trying to get a good copy of the VMP pressing... I just didn't believe that it could be as widespread as it actually is.

I also decided to shoot VMP another email simply to let them know that there's one more defective copy out there, not that I think they care or will do anything about it.

I already reached out to the seller on hopes of a refund. it was mentioned on the listing that this seller accepts returns, which is the main reason I chose the seller in the first place, but I feel like a complete idiot for even trying to get a good copy of the VMP pressing... I just didn't believe that it could be as widespread as it actually is.

I also decided to shoot VMP another email simply to let them know that there's one more defective copy out there, not that I think they care or will do anything about it.
well it looks like I'm getting a refund from the seller, minus the $5 shipping. dude was just like keep the record, I don't want to deal with the hassle... so now I got two of these copies. 📀📀📀📀 🤦‍♂️

From my perspective, VMP themselves have indicated that Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter are their preferred methods of information sharing, and I think recreating so much of the forum they jettisoned prevents them from seeing the true impact--we are picking up their slack by default, which is not really something I'm interested in doing. But again, this isn't just my forum, and you can see why you might not want me making all the rules and strictly enforcing them. ;)
While I totally agree that I want them to see impact, I think moderating this forum with an agenda that keeps that in mind is against the mission statement for anyone who wants to participate in this forum that does not feel the same way.

I think you are saying that even though you feel this way you aren't forcing it on the forum. I guess I am just surprised that with the only official "rules" posted being the mission statement, there are moderators that are saying things like this that would make me feel unwelcome if I wanted to come in here singing VMP praises. I guess it is good that I am not in that group.

While I totally agree that I want them to see impact, I think moderating this forum with an agenda that keeps that in mind is against the mission statement for anyone who wants to participate in this forum that does not feel the same way.

I think you are saying that even though you feel this way you aren't forcing it on the forum. I guess I am just surprised that with the only official "rules" posted being the mission statement, there are moderators that are saying things like this that would make me feel unwelcome if I wanted to come in here singing VMP praises. I guess it is good that I am not in that group.
Okay, I’ll take a leap...

Hi, my name is Dave, and I still enjoy VMP. {ducks}

I thought the way they handled the shut down of the other place was cruel and misguided, but I still like getting my ROTMs and don’t feel like cancelling my membership over it. I don’t want to recreate the “old forum” here — the old place got on my nerves sometimes and I looked forward to not having to wade through flame wars with the staff or CS back and forth — but was excited to have a chance to talk about record collecting and other nonsense with other cool people and, since VMP is still my biggest connection to that hobby and this was billed as a place open to all comers, I thought those conversations would be allowed here. I also was well aware that there are hurt feeling and some had cancelled their memberships, and expected that working through this would be part of the launch of this forum. But I sure didn’t expect to be told that the community would like those of us who still enjoyed VMP should limit our discussions because it might reflect positively on VMP, or that the forum was considering structuring the site it a way that would intentionally cut down on the volume of VMP discussions. It doesn’t seem in line with the published mission of the forum, and it sure doesn’t make me feel very welcome.

I truly do appreciate all the hard work our mods have done in the last couple weeks, and humbly suggest that they take sometime to really think about how they want to handle this issue before commenting or making changes. I feel like I know you from your posts, even though I don’t often post myself, and don’t think that (understandable) spite and anger is why you work so hard to build this place.

Sure, I understand, I really do. In some ways we are in a tricky spot because there are a lot of opposing views on this subject within the community and a lot of strongly held opinions. We're trying our best to reach a compromise.

I appreciate the ability to vote, not everything should be democratically decided but this seems like one that should.

a lot of that has to do with how badly they have screwed it up, once things settle down and there are fewer posts I don't think that will be an issue. also, we still have a lot of now ex-members commenting in the threads that should also decrease, again all of this is thinking about the future of these threads, not the present and as @dbarila said it will be natural selection but be prepared for it
Sure, if activity in separate threads naturally die down to the point that they can’t sustain themselves or the same conversation is happening in multiple places then absolutely do the necessary housekeeping. But that is not what was proposed.

Okay, I’ll take a leap...

Hi, my name is Dave, and I still enjoy VMP. {ducks}

I thought the way they handled the shut down of the other place was cruel and misguided, but I still like getting my ROTMs and don’t feel like cancelling my membership over it. I don’t want to recreate the “old forum” here — the old place got on my nerves sometimes and I looked forward to not having to wade through flame wars with the staff or CS back and forth — but was excited to have a chance to talk about record collecting and other nonsense with other cool people and, since VMP is still my biggest connection to that hobby and this was billed as a place open to all comers, I thought those conversations would be allowed here. I also was well aware that there are hurt feeling and some had cancelled their memberships, and expected that working through this would be part of the launch of this forum. But I sure didn’t expect to be told that the community would like those of us who still enjoyed VMP should limit our discussions because it might reflect positively on VMP, or that the forum was considering structuring the site it a way that would intentionally cut down on the volume of VMP discussions. It doesn’t seem in line with the published mission of the forum, and it sure doesn’t make me feel very welcome.

I truly do appreciate all the hard work our mods have done in the last couple weeks, and humbly suggest that they take sometime to really think about how they want to handle this issue before commenting or making changes. I feel like I know you from your posts, even though I don’t often post myself, and don’t think that (understandable) spite and anger is why you work so hard to build this place.

I think like just on the old forum we are all blowing this way out of portion, it makes sense to discuss how to treat VMP [threads] as a whole given how this forum was created, it doesn't seem any rash decisions are being made, but we should all be aware that things we do impact others whether we mean it to or not and that is the primary concern right now. VMP releases are constantly being posted in the What's spinning thread, no one is advocating we stop doing that. Let's be rational and admit there are many differing opinions on this and decisions will be made, but no one that I am aware of is trying to force them on anyone/any thread currently. Staff have indicated there may not be a real need for a bunch of threads and I think down the road that will be true due to actual participation in the threads. We are all learning and exploring this new place, immediately going nuclear on comments is not the answer.

Back