Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I've received my White Stripes in a box with Prince Paul. And I've received 3 additional records I've ordered from VMP in 3 single packages. It seems for many people they did send out records in separate packages this month. I've received all mine the same day. It was funny how the mailman counted handing me out a record package after the other haha.

My White Stripes was with my regular July ROTMs (John Mayer and McCoy Tyner). My swap was separate, as well Khruangbin. All shipped the same day.

I got everything but Khruangbin which processed through my closet major processing center 6 days ago and no updates.

I got a response from CS that said that my WS is going to be shipped with the second wave that they are in the process of pressing.
That's not what they told me but I suspected as much. And for the record yes I was signed up before but I swapped for it because I dropped essentials in favour of keeping my spot in classics, that could be why...

I saw another post that mentioned that if the order was after 6/1 then you might have to wait for the repress. We were on a 3 month sub starting with the Stooges so hopefully we’ll be good....

Well look at that, my order says it was placed on 6/2, while my other sub (that has shipped) conveniently says 6/1 when both are the same month's ROTM. WS is still not shipped, CS says it "seems" to be shipping separately from the other ROTMs from this months orders but still nothing as of today while the other orders from this month shipped over a week ago. I sent another email indicating that I better not be in this 2nd pressing some are referencing and they are now not responding.

I've had a continuing subscription for like three years or so, so I def was signed up prior to any cutoff.
Man that blows. They fucked me like that with Outkast. I was a member for years and because a bunch of new people dipped in I was relegated to the second batch. This time is almost worse because they sent out at least 2 emails stating if you signed up prior to whatever the cutoff was that you’d get your album with the first batch but of course they managed to to fuck this up too.

Well look at that, my order says it was placed on 6/2, while my other sub (that has shipped) conveniently says 6/1 when both are the same month's ROTM. WS is still not shipped, CS says it "seems" to be shipping separately from the other ROTMs from this months orders but still nothing as of today while the other orders from this month shipped over a week ago. I sent another email indicating that I better not be in this 2nd pressing some are referencing and they are now not responding.

My wife sent an email earlier in the week and so far the only response she’s received was that they are looking into her request and that they haven’t forgotten.
She specifically signed up for the 3 months because of this album. Plus she had a $30 credit. I suspect we’ll be in the 2nd pressing group as well. I really don’t understand how this company remains afloat, but we just want to be done with them.

My wife sent an email earlier in the week and so far the only response she’s received was that they are looking into her request and that they haven’t forgotten.
She specifically signed up for the 3 months because of this album. Plus she had a $30 credit. I suspect we’ll be in the 2nd pressing group as well. I really don’t understand how this company remains afloat, but we just want to be done with them.
Yep, mine also says the 2nd, I'm guessing that's the date my swaps closed. So looks like second batch for me too, I figured as much.

She specifically signed up for the 3 months because of this album.

Yeah - I did the first 3 month deal for this White Stripes album, too. I can’t really complain because I already got mine, but, as others have noted, it’s pretty lackluster. The lyric book is just kind of weird. The record itself sounded kind of boring - i’m not necessarily saying that it sounds better on spotify, but I am saying that when I listened to it on spotify I was more excited about the album, and when I listened on vinyl it just seemed kinda weak. The colorway looks ok but it’s close enough to my Moses Sumney Black in Deep Red, 2014 RSD EP from last year that it’s not that unique or exciting. The cover is...fine - it has a weird finish on it that doesn’t really seem to go with their whole aesthetic.

I’m not mad since I only paid like $18 for it, but looking back on how it was marketed and then delayed but kind of built up as being such a hot product, I’m definitely underwhelmed and I’m not sure it was worth grabbing the other two albums in the deal just to make sure I didn’t miss out on this one.

I’m doing the same thing again now for Spiritualized but I’m hoping that it actually ends up being better than the plain pressings.

The record itself sounded kind of boring - i’m not necessarily saying that it sounds better on spotify, but I am saying that when I listened to it on spotify I was more excited about the album, and when I listened on vinyl it just seemed kinda weak.
This is not good! 😶😢😭😖😔

I hear some people saying it sounds really good, and even @JonnyH said he thinks this VMP pressing sounds good.....but does the Spotify version really sound better...😱

I see so a lot of people posting in the ‘What’s Spinning’ thread, their VMP copies of The White Stripes’ “De Stijl”. How do you all think it sounds!?! 🤔🤔🤔

Ericj32 - You think it doesn’t sound good (you said Spotify sounds more exciting)! 👎

@Bluecloud777 - You think the pressing sounds great! 👍

I want more opinions on this VMP pressing of De Stijl now! 🧐🙇‍♂️

Is this pressing, in terms of sounds quality a:
✅ = sounds great
⚠ = sounds average/nothing special
❌ = flat, boring sound/4MWB sound quality

Last edited:
Back