Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Wait. What 2nd pressing? What did I miss?

Because so many people signed up for The White Stripes, VMP and TMR are doing a second pressing. THEORETICALLY, if you were already a member and had signed up for Essentials before June 1 you'll get your copy shipped this month. Otherwise you'll have to wait on the second pressing which will come out later this summer.

Because so many people signed up for The White Stripes, VMP and TMR are doing a second pressing. THEORETICALLY, if you were already a member and had signed up for Essentials before June 1 you'll get your copy shipped this month. Otherwise you'll have to wait on the second pressing which will come out later this summer.

Well, I guess I'm in the second pressing because I haven't received notice for anything... Didn't even knew this.

Well, I guess I'm in the second pressing because I haven't received notice for anything... Didn't even knew this.
...and that’s the rub. Lots of people weren’t aware. Also, some in @Ginormousthumbs position are starting to sweat that even though VMP said they would be included with the first group (based on when they placed their order) they might have gotten bumped to the later group.

...and that’s the rub. Lots of people weren’t aware. Also, some in @Ginormousthumbs position are starting to sweat that even though VMP said they would be included with the first group (based on when they placed their order) they might have gotten bumped to the later group.
Yeah I've had no notice on this one but have all my other stuff this month so although I had the sub all the way through June I suspect I might have been bumped. I'll live. Now that I know it's inferior to the 2017 press I suddenly care a lot less about this one.

Why would they need a second pressing when tons of copies are already on eBay! Smh

Yeah I've had no notice on this one but have all my other stuff this month so although I had the sub all the way through June I suspect I might have been bumped. I'll live. Now that I know it's inferior to the 2017 press I suddenly care a lot less about this one.
It’s a shame the VMP pressing for De Stijl doesn’t sound as good as the 2017 pressing! 😢

No idea how the 2017 sounds, but I'm just listening to my VMP copy and it sounds very good to me. 😍
Good! I'm sure it'll be fine for me since I don't really know what I'm missing having never heard the 2017. In general there are few VMP ROTMs that I hear where the mastering is actually bad, it's usually the pressing plants that have the issues. I'd say probably the muddiest sounding ROTM I have is EL-P. Still love it, but it's not a great master. Though I'd imagine that owes more to the original mastering quality than anything VMP did. Since it's likely a very digital, very low quality OG master that also uses tonnes of old samples. But I would think The Whites Stripes masters would be of pretty high quality just knowing JWs personality.

Good! I'm sure it'll be fine for me since I don't really know what I'm missing having never heard the 2017. In general there are few VMP ROTMs that I hear where the mastering is actually bad, it's usually the pressing plants that have the issues. I'd say probably the muddiest sounding ROTM I have is EL-P. Still love it, but it's not a great master. Though I'd imagine that owes more to the original mastering quality than anything VMP did. Since it's likely a very digital, very low quality OG master that also uses tonnes of old samples. But I would think The Whites Stripes masters would be of pretty high quality just knowing JWs personality.

Although I remember Car Seat Headrest (in fact every now and then I'll stumble upon another side c/d warped at a right angle at the bottom of a box in my garage) . Sometimes even mastering and pressing can't save Vmp from full blown stupidity.

Got a flat one in the end though

Back