Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I think it’s a brilliant press. Clean, quiet and I really like the mastering, carries a definite heft. I’ve had 2 (I dropped the first one drunk 😭) and both were fantastic as far as I’m concerned.

south park.gif

In for Prince Paul, Blossom Dearie and McCoy Tyner (though I still might cancel Tyner, it’s FOMO as of right now, jazz piano just isn’t my thing)
This is mine right now just because I couldn’t manage to swap John Mayer for Prince Paul for some reason it said “sold out” when I tried. so I ended up swapping Mayer for blossom and added R/HH sub. I emailed them though, ideally they can swap PP over to my essentials and then drop Blossom and the R/HH sub entirely. But we shall see.

Well I just listened to BVSC and Spiritualized. Here are my thoughts.

BVSC is an instant cop for me. As a spanish person, I am ashamed that i had not given this a prior listen. The music on here is amazing. I love this style of music and it is something i would want in my collection.

Spiritualized on the other hand is not something that i am that into. I honestly can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't hit me at all. I might need to give it a few more listens to decide.

BVSC is an instant cop for me. As a spanish person, I am ashamed that i had not given this a prior listen. The music on here is amazing. I love this style of music and it is something i would want in my collection.

Spiritualized on the other hand is not something that i am that into. I honestly can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't hit me at all. I might need to give it a few more listens to decide.
If you don't like 8 minute breaks of random noises in the middle of a 10 minutes song, Spiritualized might be tough to get in to.

Edit:. Sorry, I forgot Cop Shoot Cop is 17 minutes. 😁

Spiritualized's Ladies and Gentleman will grow on you for sure! ☺

The spiritualized album is a real immersive experience, for me it doesn’t work as background music at all, demands a level of attention to be at its best.

Stay with me is track 5 on the CD and track C3 (10). That causes all the ones after it on the CD, but now before it on the vinyl, to shuffle up one. And of course the Elvis version of the title track.
The thing is Pierce has said he prefers the edited version to the Elvis one anyhow so I wouldn't be surprised if the edited version is the one you're gunna hear on VMPs.

You don’t need to enjoy drugs to enjoy Spiritualized but it certainly doesn’t hurt. It is like gospel music but he is praising burying yourself in drugs To cope with a broken heart as opposed to Jesus.

Back