Vinyl Me Please Essentials

The Stooges debut, if it's the John Cale mix by itself would still work, right?
I thought that had a RSD release a few years ago? (too lazy to check discogs and I would love this)
KINDA

some songs were put on 2LP versions of the debut that had the original reissue but not the whole mix.. just like 2 songs from that mix

(still VMP clickbaiting us)

I resubbed for Blackalicious, so I've got a couple months coming up that I may or may want to do swaps on... I've been enjoying it on Spotify, so I'm considering Caroline Rose as a possibility. Only question- Does it include a download code?

Last edited:
I resubbed for Blackalicious, so I've got a couple months coming up that I may or may want to do swaps on... I've been enjoying it on Spotify, so I'm considering Caroline Rose as a possibility. Only question- Does it include a download code?
I'm pretty sure vmp doesn't do download codes anymore on ROTMs

Apparently not enough people use them

I'm pretty sure vmp doesn't do download codes anymore on ROTMs

Apparently not enough people use them
I believe their argument awhile back was that a lot of people don’t use it and it costs them money to include it (which is dumb). IIRC, They pretty much said if you want to listen to it digitally, then stream or buy it digitally hah

What do you use? I want to get something like a Focusrite, I just never seem to get around to it.
I use a focusrite and audacity and then izotope. Even in the best circumstances it’s a PITA. If the music is made available digitally that is a far better path. I rip things that are not otherwise available outside of vinyl.

What do you use? I want to get something like a Focusrite, I just never seem to get around to it.

My turntable's audio cables are fed to my computer's audio-in jack on the soundcard. I then use an ancient cracked version of CoolEdit (lol) to encode and do audio cleaning up as-needed (most people these days would probably use Audacity instead but I'm old fashioned). From there I compress the wavs to FLAC and/or -v0 mp3. It's a fairly basic setup and I'm sure there are better ways to do it, but it works for me nine times out of ten.

I use a focusrite and audacity and then izotope. Even in the best circumstances it’s a PITA. If the music is made available digitally that is a far better path. I rip things that are not otherwise available outside of vinyl.
What's izotope for?

This is probably a lot better than my ghetto setup lol

Back