Vinyl Me Please Essentials

If they did repress Holy Diver based on the amount of interest expressed on the forum that would be great. I’ve seen it requested more times than Songs For The Deaf or Channel Orange. Admittedly I’ve been the one making all of those requests but what do facts matter.
Theres so many options for colour pressings as well:

Midnight sea blue
Cat eye black&blue
Steel grey
Striped tiger

Knowing VMP they would go for orange or something.

If they did repress Holy Diver based on the amount of interest expressed on the forum that would be great. I’ve seen it requested more times than Songs For The Deaf or Channel Orange. Admittedly I’ve been the one making all of those requests but what do facts matter.

I know there was a red reissue not along ago, but that shit goes for big $ on the resale market

Finally got my Flaming Lips Soft Bulletin in. They're a band that I like certain songs but not enough to be sold on getting an entire album. This is quite enjoyable. Not sure how much I'll give this a relisten. I'm finding that more and more the case with Essentials. Even QOTSA might be one I have to force myself to listen over and over but will probably end up opting for a Classics or RHH record.

If VMP's Songs For The Deaf is such a huge whale of an album for them 'a Record of the Month people have been asking about since we started as a company', 'probably the most-requested Record of the Month since Demon Days.

I'm curious about peoples thoughts on why its not sold out yet?

If VMP's Songs For The Deaf is such a huge whale of an album for them 'a Record of the Month people have been asking about since we started as a company', 'probably the most-requested Record of the Month since Demon Days.

Probably because it coincided with a wider general rerelease.

They probs factored the high demand into their initial order. There will be a billion copies floating around for half a year, but I think it will dry up eventually like Demon Days and Tidal did

Well after 2 years I’m cancelling my sub. While I’m getting Ghostly (and Caribou) those prices feel like gouging. For the most part I’m happy with VMP and I might stick with them but the forum takedown, prices, non exclusivity just make it not as appealing anymore.

I was reminiscing of the days when the store drops were so exciting. And throwback thursdays, and ;)’s, and so on. I was obsessed and it was fun!

I wanted to build my budding collection, in fact I started with VMP when I had 5 records. I’ve done that pretty successfully now. I’ll prob be back for short stints too. But adios VMP!

Well after 2 years I’m cancelling my sub. While I’m getting Ghostly (and Caribou) those prices feel like gouging. For the most part I’m happy with VMP and I might stick with them but the forum takedown, prices, non exclusivity just make it not as appealing anymore.

I was reminiscing of the days when the store drops were so exciting. And throwback thursdays, and ;)’s, and so on. I was obsessed and it was fun!

I wanted to build my budding collection, in fact I started with VMP when I had 5 records. I’ve done that pretty successfully now. I’ll prob be back for short stints too. But adios VMP!
Throwback Thursday😂😂😂

Talk about FOMO...but grabbed a few gems like Philip Glass and Nina Simone

Throwback Thursday😂😂😂

Talk about FOMO...but grabbed a few gems like Philip Glass and Nina Simone
Man, I totally forgot about TBT! I actually did get a good record through that, The National - Cherry Tree 'Black and Burgundy Marble' colour....and now I know what I will be listening to tonight!

This is probably old news to everyone but me, but I just put on Torres - Sprinter on whim because I still haven't listened to her for some reason. I love this! What took me so long?

A while back I saw that people were selling the VMP Sprinter for dirt cheap, like almost giving it away. I figured it was cuz the album sucked but I checked it out and was surprised its pretty good. Kind of sounds like Tegan and Sara's pop phase meets 90s grunge.

A while back I saw that people were selling the VMP Sprinter for dirt cheap, like almost giving it away.
Still are giving it away on discogs. Admittedly, the pressing wasn't great and it was on black vinyl which didn't differentiate itself from the standard press (outside of an 8 page booklet). Just an all around not great showing from VMP, but I do agree that the music is great.

Still are giving it away on discogs. Admittedly, the pressing wasn't great and it was on black vinyl which didn't differentiate itself from the standard press (outside of an 8 page booklet). Just an all around not great showing from VMP, but I do agree that the music is great.
I think it’s definitely one of the most boring ROTM’s yet! The music is pretty average in my opinion and it’s on black vinyl 😒

I definitely understand why it still sells for very cheap online. Everything about that exclusive is so whatever! Even if it was a store exclusive, it would be whatever 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s definitely one of the most boring ROTM’s yet! The music is pretty average in my opinion and it’s on black vinyl 😒

I definitely understand why it still sells for very cheap online. Everything about that exclusive is so whatever! Even if it was a store exclusive, it would be whatever 🤷‍♂️
Definitely agree, especially about if it were a store exclusive. The only reason I can dismiss the idea that it was a ROTM is because they were still in their infancy as a company (relatively speaking). Also, they were respecting the artist's requests and this was when Torres said she wanted it on black vinyl because she heard that colored vinyl was inferior. Someone should have talked her out of that decision.

As for the music, when I first listened to it I was getting some St. Vincent vibes and some of those tracks have grown on me over time.

Back