Vinyl Me Please Essentials

90s rock next month? I swear to God if it's Hole, I'm not only cancelling my membership ....well...I can't think of anything else to do so I'll just cancel my membership.
This is actually a good guess... they sold the Hole record in their store last Fall, so I’d consider this a front-runner

This is actually a good guess... they sold the Hole record in their store last Fall, so I’d consider this a front-runner

This was the one I basically got free because I ordered it and received it shortly after... Then a few weeks later I got an email apologizing that Hole was not available and that they couldn't fulfill the order so they gave me a full refund. 🤷🏻‍♂️

What is this hole album everyone is speaking about?
I'd imagine Live Through This or Celebrity Skin. They are pretty close in sales, but I think Live Through this had more critical acclaim... could be wrong. I like Hole, I'd be happy with this. But I know people HATE Courtney Love for good reason, so I'd imagine several people would be upset as well.

Edit - I regularly see Live Through This in local shops, so I'd hope for Celebrity Skin just because that's the one I would purchase if I saw it in a store.

I'd imagine Live Through This or Celebrity Skin. They are pretty close in sales, but I think Live Through this had more critical acclaim... could be wrong. I like Hole, I'd be happy with this. But I know people HATE Courtney Love for good reason, so I'd imagine several people would be upset as well.
I don't know if my hatred is founded upon sound reason - I've generally considered it pretty irrational and silly - but it is nevertheless visceral and intense.

I don't know if my hatred is founded upon sound reason - I've generally considered it pretty irrational and silly - but it is nevertheless visceral and intense.
I certainly don't hate her like others do, but my bluntly honest opinion is I don't care for her outside of her music. I'll leave it at that.

But don't get me wrong. I'm a fan and I'd be happy for a Hole record to get picked. I've always felt they were somewhat underrated for their time. Hot takes and guilty pleasures, I know.

Shots fired!

Live Through This is a GREAT album. Celebrity Skin, not so much. Courtney Love is a badass.
Haha, maybe "good reason" is a little much. But there are a significant number of people that don't like her. Not just for her music, but for her actions post Kurt, conspiracies related to Kurt, etc.

But I agree about her music. I've always like what she put out. If she never got on a mic for a interview I'd likely have a higher opinion of her individually.

Courtney got character assassinated for blowing the whistle on Weinstein ages ago. She’s also spoken up on child sex rings. Has she done crazy shit? Yes. Is she the evil witch the media portrays her to be? No. She’s right in line with the likes of Lohan and Feldman.

Haha I’m biting my tongue because this ain’t the hot take thread. I love the positive energy of this place and would not wish to tarnish it. I’m happy if you guys end up getting something you like!
🧐
😒
🤨
BUT I HATE HER!!!!!!! 😈

Fine. But why? I’m legitimately curious.

(Yes, I know she has lots of haters. But I do wonder if that has more to do with a certain -ism than anything that she’s said or done.)

90s rock next month? I swear to God if it's Hole, I'm not only cancelling my membership ....well...I can't think of anything else to do so I'll just cancel my membership.
I'd prefer Hole to whatever already widely available album by a bunch of dudes they're inevitably gonna end up doing. There is so much great 90s rock that hasn't had a proper pressing that it's depressing we're probably gonna get something like Foo Fighters or Sublime

Back