Vinyl Me Please Country

I think George and Conway are absolutely essential to a Country sub but I think of Twitty as more of a singles artist A Grand Tour on the other hand really could use a reissue.
I Am What I Am on “George’s polyester shirt” colored vinyl seems more like the VMP pick :D

And I’d be very happy with it

Not enough excitement on here for Old No. 1 by Guy Clark coming. I am going out on a ledge here - this is the best album of the country sub so far. An absolute classic with great song after great song.

I think the next 6 months may be best VMP Country yet to be honest even if there is total lack of women or George Jones. Most all of them were in need of represses or have never been pressed at all.

Not enough excitement on here for Old No. 1 by Guy Clark coming. I am going out on a ledge here - this is the best album of the country sub so far. An absolute classic with great song after great song.
I only have his live from Austin, so I'll definitely be picking this one up.

I’m really curious how this pressing sounds compared to the KG cut from a few years ago. I have that version and it sounds fantastic.
No idea. I do have the KG cut of the first album though. I could listen to the digital of each and compare notes. I imagine KG might be better suited for this RKS has a tendency to smooth some edges and this is an edgier sounding album than the first one.

No idea. I do have the KG cut of the first album though. I could listen to the digital of each and compare notes. I imagine KG might be better suited for this RKS has a tendency to smooth some edges and this is an edgier sounding album than the first one.
I am sure they both sound great. VMP comes on blue vinyl and probably a nicer jacket whereas the KPG is no frills and half the price.

I am sure they both sound great. VMP comes on blue vinyl and probably a nicer jacket whereas the KPG is no frills and half the price.

If you got the RSD box set from a few years ago I believe they actually used nice tip-on jackets for those. But yeah the standard releases are flimsy standard stock.

I have the KG self-titled and I thought it sounded better than the VMP. I didn't have the KG Sweet Revenge so I decided to pick up the VMP and it's not bad, but I could see how the KG could be better at bringing the band more forward in the speakers like he did on the S/T. the RKS cuts seem to put more emphasis on the vocals and it's a bit brighter than it should be.

If you got the RSD box set from a few years ago I believe they actually used nice tip-on jackets for those. But yeah the standard releases are flimsy standard stock.

I have the KG self-titled and I thought it sounded better than the VMP. I didn't have the KG Sweet Revenge so I decided to pick up the VMP and it's not bad, but I could see how the KG could be better at bringing the band more forward in the speakers like he did on the S/T. the RKS cuts seem to put more emphasis on the vocals and it's a bit brighter than it should be.
Sounds like I could probably skip VMP's version. I have the KG cut and think it sounds incredible.

Back