Vinyl Me Please Country

MS also owns Clarence White's Tele. That's some smoke.
raw

Clarence White is a legend guitarist and member of the country-era Byrds. He co-invented the Parsons-White B-bender that allows country players to mix steel guitar riffs in with a standard guitar. MS owns the very first guitar to have the prototype B-bender that he got from White's widow. White was killed (possibly putting that very guitar into his trunk after a gig) when someone rear-ended his car. Marty hasn't just looked at this guitar- he has been using it steadily for decades. It's the most famous guitar in country music along with Buck and Don Rich's matching Teles, Willie's Trigger, and Merele's tooled-leather Tele.

The "curated with and dedicated to" wording is so confusing I have no idea what to expect...
Same, it SOUNDS like it's her albums, picked by her as a monthly sub. In this case, I'm not sure this is an exciting proposition. Definitely not something you're going to stick with long term if you're a fan.

Clarence White is a legend guitarist and member of the country-era Byrds. He co-invented the Parsons-White B-bender that allows country players to mix steel guitar riffs in with a standard guitar. MS owns the very first guitar to have the prototype B-bender that he got from White's widow. White was killed (possibly putting that very guitar into his trunk after a gig) when someone rear-ended his car. Marty hasn't just looked at this guitar- he has been using it steadily for decades. It's the most famous guitar in country music along with Buck and Don Rich's matching Teles, Willie's Trigger, and Merele's tooled-leather Tele.

Yeah White was a legendary player. Tragic death, hit by a drunk driver while loading his gear into his car.
That's him on Sweetheart of the Rodeo, Ballad of the Easy Rider and all those great late underrated Byrds albums from the late 60s.

If they let me keep it, I’ll listen to it before I decide what to do with it:

I also would be stoked if you enjoy it. It's not my favorite Coup album, but I also don't believe there's a bad Coup album.

They were also a highlight show for me, nearly a decade ago now - oversold basement club with a killer full band (unfortunately paired up on a bill with some indie rock band fronted by an absolute chucklefuck, though)

Boots Riley is definitely a top tier frontperson.

what a weird autoreply to the customer service stuff:
Thanks for getting in touch! A member of our team will respond to your request shortly.
With love,
The VMP Team
Searching for the best playlist on the Internet? Look no further. On Rotation at Vinyl Me, Please
And don't forget to check out The Magazine to learn more about music we love.
This email is a service from VMP.

Dolly sub is dropping this week, got a 404 error right now but should definitely drop by end of week.

Dolly sub is dropping this week, got a 404 error right now but should definitely drop by end of week.

Actually, the first link is to what I assume will be the sign up page and is a blank store page. The second one is a link to the blog which is clearly not live and creates the 404 error.

Back