Vinyl Me Please Country

I have no clue who that is. I just looked up a video that had a lot of views and found this…

I would be hard pressed to consider this country music.

To be fair, I pulled up the actual album, Rubberband on Spotify and it’s much better than this song. I definitely don’t need this one on vinyl though.

To be fair, I pulled up the actual album, Rubberband on Spotify and it’s much better than this song. I definitely don’t need this one on vinyl though.

I get it. Yes Rubberband is actually pretty decent. This is my favorite song on Rubberband. But to me this is a year 8 title Country not a year a 3 title. I know Storf is trying though, he has said that their are some things labels and artists won't budge on.

I mean, I like Clint Black, do I like him enough to forgo other records for basically three months to get him? I like Worsham too, but I definitely don't like him a third of the budget.
I love Killin’ Time and will probably grab that too but TBH, I am pretty sure I have passed up on original pressings for around $20 on multiple occasions. Looks like they are starting to become more scarce now but on Discogs there are a handful still available for around $35.

Making my way through my stack of 8 re-sub freebies. Ode to Billy Joe is great, but is it Country? Maybe I'm splitting hairs but it sounds a lot more like Southern Soul to me.

It basically is southern soul, but it was a hit on the country charts, won a bunch of CMA awards, and she was big in the country scene so it's pretty well accepted as a country record

The Houston Kid came this weekend and this feels like one of those albums that's going to stick around a really long time but is a tremendous addition to any collection. It very much sounds like an album that came out on CD in 2001, but they've overall done a good job with it. I think Rodney is one of our real American treasures and this one is a career highlight. Highly recommended for some month when you want to take a flyer on something in swaps or the next sale.

The Houston Kid came this weekend and this feels like one of those albums that's going to stick around a really long time but is a tremendous addition to any collection. It very much sounds like an album that came out on CD in 2001, but they've overall done a good job with it. I think Rodney is one of our real American treasures and this one is a career highlight. Highly recommended for some month when you want to take a flyer on something in swaps or the next sale.
That album is so good. A timeless storyteller. Very excited for it to come.

Back