Vinyl Me Please Classics

I’d guess it’s sold out. The records of the month go to waitlist for 3 months after release before going up in the store now. But unavailable tends to mean it’s sold out from what I remember
Must've been at the very tail-end of swaps because I remember checking a few hours before swaps closed and saw it was still available. I had it as an add-on and considered dropping it for another month but fortunately decided against it.

Must've been at the very tail-end of swaps because I remember checking a few hours before swaps closed and saw it was still available. I had it as an add-on and considered dropping it for another month but fortunately decided against it.
from what i remember, they said on discord that it was really low stock and might not make it past swaps.

i'm pumped for the don blackman album

Me too! Was completely unfamiliar with it even after it had been discussed here for a bit before officially announced. Finally checked it out and it's SO up my alley. I'll absolutely chalk this one up as a win for VMP helping me discover something.

Me too! Was completely unfamiliar with it even after it had been discussed here for a bit before officially announced. Finally checked it out and it's SO up my alley. I'll absolutely chalk this one up as a win for VMP helping me discover something.
Lost Sounds Found bb!

I think I heard Holdin You, Lovin You on a Peanut Butter Wolf mix a looooong time ago and tried to find the album. that songs a bop.

It’s not perfect? I’ve got some noise in the dead wax, is silent when music plays - weird. It’s slightly warped. It’s not her best record and I’m currently listening on the senns so I’m not sure I can comment on the actual mastering as these things are pretty veiled. They are really not great for jazz/acoustic and slooow… so awful with anything fast or bassy. I’ll try to get them on the Elacs on Sunday and report back.

You are hitting at pretty much exactly why i am contemplating having two sets of speakers in the listening room one day. (As do the senns… like I know the Black Keys I just listened to will sound better on the B&Ws but I like to use the senns for records because I have an awful lot of digital already and don’t need to lose stuff if unnecessary. The senns are great for like old rock and roll/classic rock. They are first thing on the chopping block after I get speakers sorted). Some shit just sounds better with a completely different sound signature which is why I like the fairly neutral presentation of the NAD.

Edit: there was quite a bit of surface noise during the last track but probably not noticeable on a speaker listen.
Finally got around to the loudspeaker listen. Pressing is fine, no noticeable surface noise. Soundstage is pretty good. It’s a nice pressing (mine is slightly dished, but that’s why I have the clamp.). I would not classify it as essential though, if you are a big Simone fan, it is well worth having.

Nina Simone's Silk & Soul is currently available as a Throwback Thursday title. Storf claimed there wasn't enough copies left to include in swaps but it looks like it had the largest quantity out of this week's TBT titles. No active coupon to my knowledge so you gotta pay $41 instead of the slightly cheaper swap price.

Edit: I realized this might've come off a bit snarkier than I intended. It was meant as an observation, not any sort of judgment on VMP. I also wanted to let y'all know in case anyone missed out and was ok with paying a premium for it.

Edit 2: This is me being snarky and judgmental when I point out a beanie is also available in TBT.

Last edited:
Back