Vinyl Me Please Classics

Is this forum so quiet because no one is all that stoked about Willie Bobo and there haven't been any clues? Has anyone gotten their Willie Bobo yet? How does it sound?

It looks like Atomic Basie is next. It is a great, great album, but I already have like seven copies of it on vinyl and CD. ;)
Has there been a clue which led to this? As much as jazz is my thing, swing and big band is a pass with me usually. Will no doubt end up getting this anyway but still, seems like a low hanging fruit pick.

I think it's premature to assume The Atomic Mr. Basie is it, but it does fit the bill so far and is a all-time classic album. Smoke/Clouds and no vocals at all is all we got so far (assuming the RHH will be the one with a song about Guns and multiple people doing vocals). This is gonna be AAA too, so I would love a AAA Atomic Mr. Basie cut.

Is this forum so quiet because no one is all that stoked about Willie Bobo and there haven't been any clues? Has anyone gotten their Willie Bobo yet? How does it sound?
Looks like mine will land Thursday or Friday, will report back on sound quality if no has by that point.

I think it's premature to assume The Atomic Mr. Basie is it, but it does fit the bill so far and is a all-time classic album. Smoke/Clouds and no vocals at all is all we got so far (assuming the RHH will be the one with a song about Guns and multiple people doing vocals). This is gonna be AAA too, so I would love a AAA Atomic Mr. Basie cut.

That would make my month if true!

Has there been a clue which led to this? As much as jazz is my thing, swing and big band is a pass with me usually. Will no doubt end up getting this anyway but still, seems like a low hanging fruit pick.

Swing and Big Band isnt my thing either, but Atomic is an amazing record. It's one of those that I didnt expect to like, but ended up loving it.

We liked Bobo. Not something I would buy for myself and it's pretty fun and different. This is why I still sub to classics as I don't have a lot of energy to spend on finding music and the curation is still all good in my book.

More exciting than Bobo in my opinion.

I haven't played either, so I reserve judgement. I'm happy they chose a boogaloo album for Classics, although as stated previously, I would have selected something else. Both Bobo and Count Basie will play nicely during my atomic-age bachelor pad martini soirées though*.

*totally made-up, but that should be a thing.

Back