Vinyl Me Please Classics

Video just posted on the VMP Instagram page confirms that Abbey Lincoln’s - It’s Magic is going to be next months Classics ROTM. :)
You beat me to it!

The line-up of side-men on this album is insane....Paul Chambers....Philly Joe Jones....Benny Golson....Sahib Shihab....Wynton Kelly....Curtis Fuller....Art Farmer....Sam Jones....Jerome Richardson....Kenny Dorham

You beat me to it!

The line-up of side-men on this album is insane....Paul Chambers....Philly Joe Jones....Benny Golson....Sahib Shihab....Wynton Kelly....Curtis Fuller....Art Farmer....Sam Jones....Jerome Richardson....Kenny Dorham
Listening to this on Spotify now...it's a winner! I'll probably be in for another 3 months if this is the kind of heat they are bringing.

Listening to this on Spotify now...it's a winner! I'll probably be in for another 3 months if this is the kind of heat they are bringing.
I don't know this album, for a long time I shunned most vocal jazz, but am really excited to check this out seeing that list of players.

Hmmm, between the potential Classics titles coming up (1966 jazz album), I might just jump back on for 3 months. But I just really don't connect with vocal jazz very well (love Nina, Billie and my VMP Blossom Dearie).

Fuck, I picked up Abbey is Blue the other day and it's fantastic. They're going to pull me in again aren't they?
giphy.gif

Back