Vinyl Me Please Classics

So maybe a dumb question but why not use the original cover with the logos? Its not like they scrubbed all the Verve logos, or that Verve is not part of this anyway.

Beating a dead horse i guess, luckily the pressing itself is very good.
It's just a copy of the 1989 CD cover, I don't think they put any thought into it. Thanks to @sylvian for pointing that out.

It's just a copy of the 1989 CD cover, I don't think they put any thought into it. Thanks to @sylvian for pointing that out.

Probably true, but what's curious to me, is that they seem to have at least tried to accurately replicate the back cover. So it doesn't really seem like the Dexter Gordon situation where they were probably supplied with image files of a CD reissue. They probably had an original to work with and the front cover maybe just needed a bunch of editing of work. So the whole thing just comes off a bit lazy to me.

Am I thinking of another label, or did I read somewhere once where they literally said they sometimes buy multiple copies of originals to reproduce the artwork?

Probably true, but what's curious to me, is that they seem to have at least tried to accurately replicate the back cover. So it doesn't really seem like the Dexter Gordon situation where they were probably supplied with image files of a CD reissue. They probably had an original to work with and the front cover maybe just needed a bunch of editing of work. So the whole thing just comes off a bit lazy to me.

Am I thinking of another label, or did I read somewhere once where they literally said they sometimes buy multiple copies of originals to reproduce the artwork?
They definitely sometimes use old copies as evidenced by several cases of scanned in ringwear. Not sure why they are doing it when nobody knows how to use Photoshop. They might have done that for the back cover here, but the front cover looks exactly like the 89 CD, font and level boosting included.

They definitely sometimes use old copies as evidenced by several cases of scanned in ringwear. Not sure why they are doing it when nobody knows how to use Photoshop. They might have done that for the back cover here, but the front cover looks exactly like the 89 CD, font and level boosting included.

And then did a repress and didn't bother to fix their mistakes. Classic VMP.

Have to say, I'm halfway through an initial listen of Money Talks is this is not doing much for me. I mean, it's fine. Doesn't strike me as anything particularly memorable or noteworthy.

And it is not I need a premium reissue for $25-30 fine. Going to be a pass on this.

This sub definitely isn't what it used to be, very hit or miss.

Have to say, I'm halfway through an initial listen of Money Talks is this is not doing much for me. I mean, it's fine. Doesn't strike me as anything particularly memorable or noteworthy.

And it is not I need a premium reissue for $25-30 fine. Going to be a pass on this.

This sub definitely isn't what it used to be, very hit or miss.
It's funny because I had the exact same thought when listening to it.
I have two months left but I would say this is almost certainly my last time subscribing

I'm with you on Money Talks. I like funk just fine but it's not worth the "premium level" curation. It's also a compilation of leftovers. I'm going to swap even though there is nothing I want in the lilkely swaps. Perhaps BVSC (which I have on CD). Agree on the hit or miss of Classics as of late, though apparently, people don't like Oriental Jazz, which is the reason I finally got suckered into joining this mess, so what do I know?

Tyner still not here and wasn't in the box with my Mavis swap so oh well. Maybe someday.

Holy Ghost is an immense funk track but a 34 minute album with 5 tracks and a 6 minute 'reprise' isn't going to do it for me. I'll be swapping out for UFO or Mavis Staples.
The Mavis Staples is amazing! The pressing sounds excellent and the music on that album is sublime! Highly recommend it!

That cover version is absolutely amazing! I love it too! It's so effortlessly charismatic, groovy and soulful! 👌

Welcome to Needles&Grooves by the way Jamie! 🙋‍♂️😘
Thanks! I've been lurking for a little while but finally felt the urge to post. I'm also loving the Orchestra Baobab reissue - I may pick that up but not sure whether to get the bundle. I'll have to give the other release a good listen.

Having done the Qubuz listen to the Bar-Kays while working, I think I'm a swap. There are some moments and hey, I love of cover of Feelin' Alright and Holy Ghost is a jam -- and... this feels like the complied album it is. Gosh it would be great if there is something awesome in swaps. meh.

I've said/done this many times, but I think I am going to cancel again. Sometimes VMP has really great store drops, so I'm hesitant to miss out on those - but I think I can pass on most ROTM's at this point unless they are groundbreaking.

I've said/done this many times, but I think I am going to cancel again. Sometimes VMP has really great store drops, so I'm hesitant to miss out on those - but I think I can pass on most ROTM's at this point unless they are groundbreaking.
But for Buena Vista this month and Spiritualized next, I would be right there with you. Going to be on the one album train this month, not optimistic about next.

Back