Vinyl Me Please Classics

By all means, great point.
V2Y4357E8KY3
Good luck!
Thank you for the share - new to VMP and was tough deciding between Phrenology and Blackalicious for my starter. Went with the former but that code was enough of a saving to nudge me to order the latter too - so now I have both, feels great!

Shame this is at 1am when my (already deficient) resistance to impulse purchases is at its lowest, so after seeing Donuts by J Dilla sold out I went to Discogs, saw the 'Jelly' coloured edition still in stock over at Rough Trade and now that's ordered.

So while I am massively grateful my already heavily beaten and bruised wallet is scowling at you from the crack in the drawer 😂

Thank you for the share - new to VMP and was tough deciding between Phrenology and Blackalicious for my starter. Went with the former but that code was enough of a saving to nudge me to order the latter too - so now I have both, feels great!

Shame this is at 1am when my (already deficient) resistance to impulse purchases is at its lowest, so after seeing Donuts by J Dilla sold out I went to Discogs, saw the 'Jelly' coloured edition still in stock over at Rough Trade and now that's ordered.

So while I am massively grateful my already heavily beaten and bruised wallet is scowling at you from the crack in the drawer 😂

You tell that wallet I have enough problems with my own and don't want any more trouble!

Glad it worked for you!

The Immortal Otis Redding lives up to all the hype. Of course the songs are amazing but the sound quality is also spectacular. This is why we keep subscribing. I've got Aretha I've Never Loved... on the turntable now and it also sounds amazing. Holy hell this records are important right about now.

The Immortal Otis Redding lives up to all the hype. Of course the songs are amazing but the sound quality is also spectacular. This is why we keep subscribing. I've got Aretha I've Never Loved... on the turntable now and it also sounds amazing. Holy hell this records are important right about now.
It’s the infuriating thing about VMP for me. Their pressings are generally really great. But they manage to screw up just about everything else and piss off their customers. And it’s so frustrating that the errors they make are almost all completely avoidable yet they make them over and over and over again.

Yeah It’s great too. I am surprised no one else has wanted to reissue that it is a top notch release. It is why everyone should also grab the recent Willie Nelson and Loretta’s Fist City. It’s the first time either have ever been repressed for some reason and currently are the only reissues of each that exist.
Fist City is on sale for $17 and its great.

I am with you here 100%!!!!

VMP has very few actual reggae releases:

Lee Scratch Perry - Super Ape

Upsetters - Eastwood Rides Again

The Silvertones - Silver Bullets

Desmond Dekker - You Can Get It If You Really Want

Desmond Dekker - Action!

Toots & The Maytals - Sweet & Dandy

Madlib - 420 (In the genre of reggae but Madlib, as we know, is not a reggae artist)

There are some other releases that have some elements/influences but are not reggae.

I'd love to chat reggae with anyone on here! I've been in a band since I was 19 that plays reggae rock with island influences. Super deep into Jamacian, Island, International and Pop/White Boy reggae. Let's chat, and brainstorm some possible VMP ideas!

My off the cuff ideas for VMP for a reggae ROTM or just exclusive:

Steel Pulse, Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh, Black Uhuru, Half Pint, any of the Banton bros, Inner Circle, etc! Really glad they did their Toots exclusive - my all time favorite VMP release.

Ok, enough about that. I could go on forever. Later!
Need some U-Roy

Honestly the Bobby Timmons album fits just as well as the Eroll Garner album. Could be either.
For Bobby Timmons the year clue would be tied to the death clue as it is the year of his death, not the year of the album, right? To me that means Erroll Garner is a somewhat better fit since Storf seems to give pretty direct clues lately. Who knows for sure though?

For Bobby Timmons the year clue would be tied to the death clue as it is the year of his death, not the year of the album, right? To me that means Erroll Garner is a somewhat better fit since Storf seems to give pretty direct clues lately. Who knows for sure though?
Late to the party here. Which album by each artist is a contender? Thx in advance!

Late to the party here. Which album by each artist is a contender? Thx in advance!
Erroll Garner - Magician
Bobby Timmons - not really sure? Someone posted Do You Know the Way, but Got To Get It! Is the same year and Bobby Timmons Trio - From The Bottom is the latest before he died as far as I can find.

Edit: looks like Got To Get It was recorded Dec '67 and Do You Know The Way? was recorded Aug/Nov '68 so it is almost definitely later. Apparently From The Bottom was recorded in '64 but released in '70. Not sure if that disqualifies it as last new album or not.

Last edited:
I asked and got this back from Storf:
"Last I checked, you had both....I think that's all I need to give since yall can argue amongst yourself which Classics it is till next Monday lol."

Fwiw, my money is on Erroll Garner - The Magician
Yeah, tempted to order a $10 original for an AAA comparison.

I asked and got this back from Storf:
"Last I checked, you had both....I think that's all I need to give since yall can argue amongst yourself which Classics it is till next Monday lol."

Fwiw, my money is on Erroll Garner - The Magician

Same. Garner's master tapes were lost in the Universal fire which would explain why this isn't going to be AAA, plus VMP has done an article on him before:

Just did a google search on Erroll Garner and VMP and found this article from 2016. The also sold the 2016 pressing of Ready Take One as well, so VMP are well aware of Garners music. Could easily see the situation where they heard of this album and decided to revisit his music. Think we are on to a winner here, great guess @Mr Moore

Erroll Garner’s 'Concert by the Sea' and the Importance of Historical Reissues

It could still end up being Timmons, but I feel like The Magician is a better fit.

I'd be happy with either so I'm ready for announce day. :)

All he said was 1974, I don't think he said if that was the year of the album or not.
But I agree, The Magician is much more likely.

All he said was 1974, I don't think he said if that was the year of the album or not.
But I agree, The Magician is much more likely.
I know, I was just saying based on the types of clues Storf has been giving lately, album year seemed more likely than death year as that is a much trickier clue. Hard to be sure though, as I said.

Back