Vinyl Me Please Classics

I didn't have distortion on my A2 for Brubeck, at least none that I could hear under all the crackling. I am surprised that the Classics track is the problem child this time around, typically its been the most reliable of the 3.

That being said, CS are sending a replacement, so fingers crossed.

So I took a listen on Spotify with Brubeck and I think I’ll live with the copy I have. It’s not awful or distracting and I don’t have the energy to get in a pissing match with CS about it. I’ll leave the replacements to those more in need.

It's weird because I didn't have to prove to CS mine was noisy. Maybe at a point they got so many complaints they didn't question it.

I can’t tell if I like this BB King album

Edit: I’m listening on my phone speakers

On a superficial listen, I really liked the sound of it, but upon closer inspection tonight some of the lyrics are down right cringeworthy. I know it was a different time, and it's the Blues, so the point is him bemoaning his girl leaving him/cheating on him/doing him wrong, but man...some of it is borderline misogynist.

Seems like my package is taking way longer than usual to make its way over to me this month. I suppose it doesnt help that they shipped the previous months so late as well.

Something seems to be working very slow this month. It was dispatched last Friday but is only being processed in Melrose Park today. That’s normally a day or two tops. Doesn’t help that this package is the only reason I resubbed!

Something seems to be working very slow this month. It was dispatched last Friday but is only being processed in Melrose Park today. That’s normally a day or two tops. Doesn’t help that this package is the only reason I resubbed!
I checked this morning and it was the same as yours by the sound of it. Just checked again and its landed at Heathrow. It always baffles me when it takes longer than a couple of days to get to me from Heathrow...I can see the airport in the distance from my flat :rolleyes:

I checked this morning and it was the same as yours by the sound of it. Just checked again and its landed at Heathrow. It always baffles me when it takes longer than a couple of days to get to me from Heathrow...I can see the airport in the distance from my flat :rolleyes:

Mine is still showing as processed at origin since last night and will probably take it’s German cycling holiday next week so I think it’s likely a week on Monday or a week on Tuesday before I get it...

This dude on Reddit may have cracked the case:
BB King - Blues on Top of Blues [1968] (Track #4: "That's Wrong, Little Mama")
Run DMC - Raising Hell [1986] (Track #2: "It's Tricky")
If they aren't these, it is an incredible coincidence...

"It's" and "That's" are not verbs. I guess the "is" part is, but I think he was talking about whole words that are contracted.

"Illin" as in "You Be Illin" and "Raisin'" as in "Rainin' All The Time" are verbs. It's Raising Hell and Lucille, not Blues On Top Of Blues.

"It's" and "That's" are not verbs. I guess the "is" part is, but I think he was talking about whole words that are contracted.

"Illin" as in "You Be Illin" and "Raisin'" as in "Rainin' All The Time" are verbs. It's Raising Hell and Lucille, not Blues On Top Of Blues.
You're saying dropping a g is a contraction? I've never heard that.

I think you're right, as well. Storf seemed to indicate here that it isn't Blues On Top Of Blues.

I think you're right, as well. Storf seemed to indicate here that it isn't Blues On Top Of Blues.
I will add my voices to this being a good thing. I tried to like this album but it wasn't happening. Which would have made it my second swap in a few months. I would much prefer it was Lucille.

Last edited:
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
My Baby's Good to me = 6/12

Mostly joking, I think that would be a bit of a troll pick to present the way Storf has. Technically fits though.

That's a great album though, and there is a AAA version you can buy pretty cheap online.
Yeah, British blues is a little divisive though, so I'd be surprised if it was a British blues album after he's been telling everyone asking for a blues release to wait until December. I guess an AAA release being available should decrease the chance as well. Never know though.

Back