Vinyl Me Please Classics

The thing was that originally the Classics track was listed as limited. That's my issue. It's fine if they're not limited moving forward but they shouldn't change previously sold things. It's the princaple of the matter for me.

Touched on it above. I'm not triggered at other people's happiness. It's a great album. I'm happy for those that get to buy it. I'm unhappy that VMP advertised something as limited, charged a premium because of it, and now are saying well it's popular so lets make more (and probably charge an even higher premium). It's not collectors greed it's wanting a company to stand by their word.
I get your point, but I guess for me in this case the ends justify the means. Plenty of other things that VMP has broken their word on have affected the average consumer negatively. But on this, them staying true to their word primarily only helps flippers and VMP FOMO marketing. Yes, some people collect with manufactured scarcity in mind and it impacts them, but many don't care about that. Especially for a release where they didn't pay extra over another option for posted limited pressing quantities/color variant.

Eventually someone else would reissue this as VMP definitely do not have lifetime rights, so it's either VMP fulfills the demand or someone else does in a year or two. They may even be able to use the same plates. So, to me, it makes no difference.

I can't say you aren't right about them going against their word. That does suck and I'm sorry it has affected you negatively.

I get your point, but I guess for me in this case the ends justify the means. Plenty of other things that VMP has broken their word on have affected the average consumer negatively. But on this, them staying true to their word primarily only helps flippers and VMP FOMO marketing. Yes, some people collect with manufactured scarcity in mind and it impacts them, but many don't care about that. Especially for a release where they didn't pay extra over another option for posted limited pressing quantities/color variant.

Eventually someone else would reissue this as VMP definitely do not have lifetime rights, so it's either VMP fulfills the demand or someone else does in a year or two. They may even be able to use the same plates. So, to me, it makes no difference.

I can't say you aren't right about them going against their word. That does suck and I'm sorry it has affected you negatively.

That's my entire thing. Don't charge a premium for scarcity (we all care about it to a degree otherwise we wouldn't own any variants) then mass produce. I'd much rather another company press it. Hell part of me is ok if VMP repressed but didn't include the classics booklet and did something to make it different. But going back on your word really really aggravates me.

Sorry to briefly change the subject but where are we at this month? Still pretty much up in the air eh? Nothing really in the lead in terms of possibilities?
Didn't you see above where there are Earth Wind & Fire albums that can be found for $5? Thats pretty much on lock down as our pick this month.

I saw that it had been tossed around but I didn't think it was a lock by any means. Same with the bi-annual "It's Coolio" in RHH.
I am wrong though? It's locked?
I was being presumptuous due to the bargain basement nature of the suggestion and VMP's recent history. I think EWF and Black Fire are the only suggestions I've seen that seem to fit the clues we've seen.

If VMP kept the limited spots for RHH and Classics and never repressed- the spots would be bought out and turtled by flippers with multiple alts and everyone would be relentlessly wailing about how it was impossible to get them on release. It would basically become the sneaker world.

No thanks, I hate it for everyone that's mad that other people get records

Sorry to briefly change the subject but where are we at this month? Still pretty much up in the air eh? Nothing really in the lead in terms of possibilities?

Front Runners:
Earth Wind & Fire - Gratitude (1975, 7th Album (but a live album), Columbia Records)
Earth Wind & Fire - Spirits (1976, 7th Studio album, Columbia Records)
Black Heat - No Time to Burn (1974, 7 people pictured on cover, Atlantic Records)

Anyone got anything else?

I asked Stof last year on the old forum about JLH getting repressed ever in the future since they were repressing some of the other classics that had sold out and he gave he me all this sass about how it would never happen and I should have bought it when it was available (which was before I joined). So, I shelled out $75 for a pressing on discogs last year. Would I have spent $75 if there was any possibility that it was getting repressed in the near future? Hell no.

I'm happy that other people are getting it now, but he was an ass about it. VMP knows that they told everyone multiple times they weren't repressing this specific title. It's a shitty move on their part.

It will be interesting to see how much they charge for it. And people will be very justifiably upset if when they repress De La Soul and Noname.

Front Runners:
Earth Wind & Fire - Gratitude (1975, 7th Album (but a live album), Columbia Records)
Earth Wind & Fire - Spirits (1976, 7th Studio album, Columbia Records)
Black Heat - No Time to Burn (1974, 7 people pictured on cover, Atlantic Records)

Anyone got anything else?
Westbound, Josie, and Curtom/Buddah/Casablanca are probably out, right? Not sure who owns them now.

Last edited:
Fair enough! An illustrated nipple is pretty different than a naked woman dripping in honey but I could be very wrong about it haha. I was also surprised that VMP did a John Mayer album considering their stance on other artists with checkered pasts so who knows!

They have no stance on chequered history, the editor is a garbage human who makes a song and dance over the infractions of artists he doesn’t like while deaf earring those of artists he likes.

what counts as the first pressing of EW&F's spirit

does the canadian press, the american, what country should i get it from

I asked Stof last year on the old forum about JLH getting repressed ever in the future since they were repressing some of the other classics that had sold out and he gave he me all this sass about how it would never happen and I should have bought it when it was available

he still thinks he "got run off of reddit" and "bullied" but pulled this hissy fit crap nonstop

I asked Stof last year on the old forum about JLH getting repressed ever in the future since they were repressing some of the other classics that had sold out and he gave he me all this sass about how it would never happen and I should have bought it when it was available (which was before I joined). So, I shelled out $75 for a pressing on discogs last year. Would I have spent $75 if there was any possibility that it was getting repressed in the near future? Hell no.

I'm happy that other people are getting it now, but he was an ass about it. VMP knows that they told everyone multiple times they weren't repressing this specific title. It's a shitty move on their part.

It will be interesting to see how much they charge for it. And people will be very justifiably upset if when they repress De La Soul and Noname.

Wait, they are repressing JLH? When?

Back