Vinyl Me Please Classics

The Patrice Rushen would seem an odd pick, as it was a big hit album and can be had in $1 bins most everywhere. Still odd to me that 80's records are considered "Classic" now. In my mind that was like, 20 years ago. :oops:
Agreed it would be weird, but I see Mr. Hands in the $5 bin all the time at shops near me...and it fits the "crate digger" definition of having a famous rap sample in it...

wait, this may be too easy......is it Albert King "Lovejoy"????

I clicked on the VMP magazine article about apollo, and there was an albert king primer on the bottom.

Also, im banned from the reddit for calling a mod a fanboy, so this is my official guess on the interwebs.
I think Lovejoy is 1971 and classics is from the 80s.

wait, this may be too easy......is it Albert King "Lovejoy"????

I clicked on the VMP magazine article about apollo, and there was an albert king primer on the bottom.

Also, im banned from the reddit for calling a mod a fanboy, so this is my official guess on the interwebs.

Pretty sure that primer is for the Stax Anthology as they also posted a William Bell one as well and King and Bell are the fourth "episode" of the Stax Anthology.

Albert King could possibly be the pick for April's Classics, as that's already confirmed to be a Stax album, although Lovejoy got a reissue in 2016, so I'm not sure that would be the pick for King, but who can say?

I reluctantly re-subbed to get this month's offerings and received my Aretha Now yesterday (which was the first time I received a VMP shipment before the end of the month!). I must say this is fantastic -- the jacket is great as we've come to expect (although it seems like the image used for the cover was not hi res enough. I don't have an original to compare but it seems to be low res like the 'I Never loved a Man....' release). Super quiet vinyl and clear mono sound. Also, it looks like the plastic sleeve for this one is a combination of the sleeves we have seen from VMP --- it is a resealable sleeve, but it uses the thicker, softer plastic like we see with AP/MOFI releases. I hope this isn't just a one-off thing and they are standard now!

I reluctantly re-subbed to get this month's offerings and received my Aretha Now yesterday (which was the first time I received a VMP shipment before the end of the month!). I must say this is fantastic -- the jacket is great as we've come to expect (although it seems like the image used for the cover was not hi res enough. I don't have an original to compare but it seems to be low res like the 'I Never loved a Man....' release). Super quiet vinyl and clear mono sound. Also, it looks like the plastic sleeve for this one is a combination of the sleeves we have seen from VMP --- it is a resealable sleeve, but it uses the thicker, softer plastic like we see with AP/MOFI releases. I hope this isn't just a one-off thing and they are standard now!
Great news! I'm excited to receive this. Just got my shipping notice for this and the random Freedom Rider restock.

Does anyone know if Aretha Now officially sold out, or is it the new normal of "we put sold out" until it hits SWAPS for next month?

I think that's the norm, I vaguely recall Storf mentioning that they have a certain # that can be ordered, and they set aside a small amount to cover replacements. Then if their inventory looks ok after accounting for all that they make it available again. Although don't quote me on that I'm just paraphrasing.

I think that's the norm, I vaguely recall Storf mentioning that they have a certain # that can be ordered, and they set aside a small amount to cover replacements. Then if their inventory looks ok after accounting for all that they make it available again. Although don't quote me on that I'm just paraphrasing.

Yeah. Seems right. Had the hardest time switching back to Classics after re-upping to get the first Aretha from Essentials. Just randomly opened up after over two dozen times checking to see if it would let me switch back towards the end of the month.

i.e., what they should have been doing with every single release from the start

Back