Vinyl Me Please Classics

It’d be very strange for them to make it a Classics if it’s immediately getting a wider release... unless they didn’t find out about the broader release until it was too late.

But given how well it lines up with the clues makes me wonder...
Other things line up with the clues too though. I don't think this one is it. Don Blackman makes the most sense to me because it is a very crate-diggery album. Patrice Rushen also fits the bill in terms of being a crate-digger album since it has the MIB sample on it and rap sample sometimes = crate-digger definition.

just had a google of jazz 1982 and came up with this, it's perfect 😂

giphy.gif

Also on the "Not It" list:

"No, it's not Now Again or LITA crate-diggery"
Thank god haha. Patrice Rushen and Don Blackman still fit IMO...Rushen has the hip hop crate-diggery song going for it. Blackman is simply a jam and a Peanut Butter Wolf kind of crate-diggery (that's where I originally heard of the song Holding You, Loving You and the rest of the album).

One of the Stax Anthology artists will be an upcoming Classics release. So not Eddie Floyd or William Bell since those have both already been done. Other options, Booker T and the MGs, Sam & Dave, The Bar-Kays, Otis Redding, Albert King and Johnnie Taylor.

No, he was meaning one of the artists off the Anthology. He did say there were 3-4 Stax releases planned this year on Classics so maybe Isaac could be a later one.
I was suggesting that Isaac Hayes would be a Classics pick. Thought he was listing possible Stax picks.

The Patrice Rushen would seem an odd pick, as it was a big hit album and can be had in $1 bins most everywhere. Still odd to me that 80's records are considered "Classic" now. In my mind that was like, 20 years ago. :oops:

Back