Vinyl Me Please Classics

I rarely take a jacket off the shelf unless I'm taking a photo for IG/a review. It also prevents me from putting something back out of order, and I can swap a record in/out in seconds flat!
He's at it again!

Jebediah, bring forth the holy pitchforks of Antioch!

What?

-aside-
What do you mean you lost them? Lost them HOW?

They're in the OTHER barn? WHAT OTHER BARN WE ONLY HAVE ONE PITCHFORK BARN IT'S RIGHT THERE.... Wait. Where did you get that banjo from?

YOU PAWNED THE HOLY PITCHFORKS OF ANTIOCH FOR A BANJO??!?

I'm sorry, today's pitchforking will have to be postponed due to... reasons. Please meet back here tomorrow everyone, where there will be a RIGHTEOUS PITCHFORKING FOR ALL TO SEE.

--banjo solo-

Last edited:
This was actually the reason I didn't outer sleeve my entire collection for a long time as well. What made the switch for me was discovering polypropylene sleeves. They are absolutely crystal clear, and the side seams don't obscure what's on the spines at all. They also don't "stick" to each other, like I found some other record sleeve materials occasionally do.

These are the ones I've been using, and I think all the Sleeve City USA products are also made of the same stuff.
Yep, the Sleeve City sleeves are perfectly readable. I used some cheap, poorer quality outers years ago and they are brittle and falling apart now.

He's at it again!

Jebediah, bring forth the holy pitchforks of Antioch!

What?

-aside-
What do you mean you lost them? Lost them HOW?

They're in the OTHER barn? WHAT OTHER BARN WE ONLY HAVE ONE PITCHFORK BARN IT'S RIGHT THERE.... Wait. Where did you get that banjo from?

YOU PAWNED THE HOLY PITCHFORKS OF ANTIOCH FOR A BANJO??!?

I'm sorry, today's pitchforking will have to be postponed due to... reasons. Please meet back here tomorrow everyone where there will be a RIGHTEOUS PITCHFORKING FOR ALL TO SEE.

--banjo solo-

Beatings_large.jpg

Yes, I am a heathen! The same heathen who brought Very Meaty Pizza to this land. My ways are...perhaps, unusual. But they work for me!

I rarely take a jacket off the shelf unless I'm taking a photo for IG/a review. It also prevents me from putting something back out of order, and I can swap a record in/out in seconds flat!

Hello there. My first job was in a library. I work at a place with a large CD library. Here's my tip: Whenever you take out a rekkid, slide the next rekkid out about half way. Then when you are done listening you know precisely where it should be returned to.

When I pull CDs for my show I do this, and then I just alphabetize the stack before I go to put them back, and the refiling process takes like, 2-3 minutes max.

This was actually the reason I didn't outer sleeve my entire collection for a long time as well. What made the switch for me was discovering polypropylene sleeves. They are absolutely crystal clear, and the side seams don't obscure what's on the spines at all. They also don't "stick" to each other, like I found some other record sleeve materials occasionally do.

These are the ones I've been using, and I think all the Sleeve City USA products are also made of the same stuff.

I may eventually come back around to them. Thanks for the tip.

I know it's a preference thing and different strokes and all that but the record store style storage isn't my jam. I prefer to be able to scan over my spines to find what I am looking for. Also, it cuts down on the amount of records you can store (which might not be a bad thing). I have a couple flip bins for recent purchases and recent plays but that is good enough for me. That being said, this shelf looks nice and sturdy. Did you make it yourself?
I had someone build it for me. I designed it but they had the tools and the skills to make it great. I also have a kallax because this thing doesn't hold enough.

Going out on a bit of a limb here if next month is supposed to be 1982 and crate-diggery (unless this has changed and I missed it). But Light in the Attic is doing a couple of Piper reissues but they aren't doing their first album which was released in 1981.

Going out on a bit of a limb here if next month is supposed to be 1982 and crate-diggery (unless this has changed and I missed it). But Light in the Attic is doing a couple of Piper reissues but they aren't doing their first album which was released in 1981.

I never heard of Piper before but in the span of two minutes I saw this post and then saw this tweet I think the Matrix just glitched.

Well, after streaming this Aretha album, I’m kicking myself for not paying closer attention to these classics releases over the last year or so. I’ve missed quite a few good releases. What would be my best course of action to somewhat catch up on these? Discogs, swaps, the store front?

Well, after streaming this Aretha album, I’m kicking myself for not paying closer attention to these classics releases over the last year or so. I’ve missed quite a few good releases. What would be my best course of action to somewhat catch up on these? Discogs, swaps, the store front?

I'd swap what you can first, starting with the albums that you enjoy the most and are closest to selling out (William Bell, Lucille, etc). No rush on albums they have a lot of like Sarah Webster Fabio or James Booker. Chase the rest on Discogs and/or watch the N&G buy and sell.

This always seemed like an obvious solution to readability of spines through sleeves, I wondered why it wasn't more prominent. Someone must be doing this? Or there's a technical issue...

Instead of sealing the sides, you seal the bottom and one side. That way the bend is on the side, the spine is readable and the opening is on top so the records don't slide out. Use a good clear material and it would be perfect.

Swapped out of Phrenology to pick up Little Milton. Slowly grabbing the few classics left in stock that I don't yet have. Think the last two that I still want to get are Koko Taylor & Lightmen. Don't have Celia & Johnny or Willie Bobo, but don't see swapping for those either.

Swapped out of Phrenology to pick up Little Milton. Slowly grabbing the few classics left in stock that I don't yet have. Think the last two that I still want to get are Koko Taylor & Lightmen. Don't have Celia & Johnny or Willie Bobo, but don't see swapping for those either.
Heads up on Koko, it is incredible BUT it is almost certainly going to be dish warped. Like 95% of them are. Just be forewarned.

Just teasing. I get the aesthetic for sure. On a similar note, though, whenever a record store puts used records out w/o an outer sleeve, I'm instantly put off. Hmm, that's another comment for @toomanyrecords 's new video.

Thats actually a good point. Im put off by that as well.

That said, Im not going to use outer sleeves on my personal collection. Perhaps if I stored my collection in a more private area of our house then yes, but the collection is in a case in the open area. Not happening.

Back