Vinyl Me Please Classics

Swapped out of Phrenology to pick up Little Milton. Slowly grabbing the few classics left in stock that I don't yet have. Think the last two that I still want to get are Koko Taylor & Lightmen. Don't have Celia & Johnny or Willie Bobo, but don't see swapping for those either.
That Lightmen album is outstanding...it got some love...but I don't think it got the full love it deserved.

Mentioned before how I was turned down a while back for a replacement cover of Isley Brothers. Was told they were all gone so no replacement. Just took my copy out for a spin. The damage to it still gets on my nerves. Maybe I’m being unreasonable.

View attachment 31087View attachment 31088View attachment 31089View attachment 31090View attachment 31091
To be honest, I’m not super picky about receiving records with small dents or bumps or even a tiny spline split. I understand things happen that are beyond the seller’s control and I hardly ever ask for a refund. I also know that people demanding new copies for small defects (and then selling the damaged copies at retail price) is why VMP stopped being as lenient in their policy.

but seeing those pics, I definitely would have asked for a new copy. That’s pretty awful.

To be honest, I’m not super picky about receiving records with small dents or bumps or even a tiny spline split. I understand things happen that are beyond the seller’s control and I hardly ever ask for a refund. I also know that people demanding new copies for small defects (and then selling the damaged copies at retail price) is why VMP stopped being as lenient in their policy.

but seeing those pics, I definitely would have asked for a new copy. That’s pretty awful.

Yes two different CS staff said it was out of stock. A corner ding I can accept. Things happen. Worst aspect of this is the box wasn’t damaged so it was likely packed that way

Hey y'all. Are you looking for some Saturday morning jamz? Allow me to hype my radio show, the Ajax Diner Book Club. We do a lot of VMP Classic type releases and so much more. The cool thing is we've just made it to spotify so you can listen whenever you want. Here's the link, please follow for a new show every week. Ajax Diner Book Club

20200201_075003~2[1].jpg

I saw the earlier part of your post, just validating I would have asked for one too. I would have been equally frustrated if they said they were out and then it appeared in the store and no one contacted me to say “turns out we have this, still want one?”

I hope their CS gets back to its usual level of responsiveness, but I’m a bit skeptical...

I did. Was told it was out of stock.

This happened months ago btw. When the Isleys were released as AOTM. Customer service has really gone from strength to strength since then and I’m sure that incidents like this will never happen again.

I did. Was told it was out of stock.

View attachment 31098

This happened months ago btw. When the Isleys were released as AOTM. Customer service has really gone from strength to strength since then and I’m sure that incidents like this will never happen again.
Hey just for the record I was told they were out of stock of Aretha and QOTSA, but after seeing other people getting replacements I asked again and got replacements for both. I'd ask again even if it is way later.

Hey just for the record I was told they were out of stock of Aretha and QOTSA, but after seeing other people getting replacements I asked again and got replacements for both. I'd ask again even if it is way later.

The same thing happened to me with another album. And then extra copies appeared. Then I cancelled everything. Then they lost a customer. Nobody wins with bad CS and it seems you have to get the right employee to get the right service.

They definitely see the posts on here anyway. If they can make it right for the posters who constantly praise them they can sure make it right for those who feel aggrieved. I’m not going back to the begging bowl.

I saw the earlier part of your post, just validating I would have asked for one too. I would have been equally frustrated if they said they were out and then it appeared in the store and no one contacted me to say “turns out we have this, still want one?”

I hope their CS gets back to its usual level of responsiveness, but I’m a bit skeptical...

Thanks. I think your skepticism is more realism.

Hey y'all. Are you looking for some Saturday morning jamz? Allow me to hype my radio show, the Ajax Diner Book Club. We do a lot of VMP Classic type releases and so much more. The cool thing is we've just made it to spotify so you can listen whenever you want. Here's the link, please follow for a new show every week. Ajax Diner Book Club

View attachment 31109

Do you need both ascap and BMI licenses to put your radio shows on spotify or just the BMI streaming one?

Who's ready to get that Aretha Now? I've also got the new John Moreland coming, it won't be here before it's released on Friday but hopefully I'll have it at the beginning of next week.
There's a new episode of the Ajax Diner Book Club ready for your ears. Jelly Roll Morton, Neko Case, Tom Waits, Bessie Smith, Dizzy Gilespie and many many more. Take a listen. Ajax Diner Book Club

Back