Vinyl Me Please Classics

Yeah I don't think either applies. I clarified on reddit and was told "from Latin America" is literal. Both these guys I believe are first generation US as is the case with a bunch of guys since the art form is born out of that Bronx Latin immigrant crowd.

That said, I agree when I listened to that album I was impressed. He's become an icon for the genre and has had a resurgence in NY recently too.
Ah I see! Ah well, Im sure the pick will be equally as exciting.....I hope!

Seems like someone said not blue note...

Ah.

Honestly, it would be great to start dipping into the rich FANIA catalogue. Not sure if the "jazz" part would apply, if it was mentionned that it was latin "jazz". Boogaloo though, that's right in there.

Non-american FANIA artists: Johnny Pacheco (dominican), Celia Cruz (cuban), hector lavoe (puerto rican), bobby valentin (puerto rican), to name a few. There are also others born elsewhere but moved to the US at a young age, depending on how the definitions are stretched.

Reached out to CS regarding Nat and they sent me the wrong tracking number.

View attachment 3233

So the lucky guy in France might get his NTR some day while I'm still sitting here, waiting patiently.

P.S. Of course I added mine later, after 12 days they completed processing in Melrose. So still no real movement here.

any news on your record ? my shipping info must have just gotten updated and the record seems to have made it to FFM at least....

Hi everyone!

I’m new here, and just thought I’d chime in with my July Classics guess. How about Cuban born percussionist Mongo Santamaria? He’s got a lot of pretty groovy records. You could argue that his 60’s stuff is more Latin Soul than Boogaloo, but that’s a hair splitting distinction.

Anyways, glad to be a part of this group. I read the forum a lot and started lurking around the old place after signing up for the Blossom Dearie record. - I’ve enjoyed all the piss and vinegar over VMP’s short comings, I must say. Keep up the good work, fellow Jazzbos! LOL

Hi everyone!

I’m new here, and just thought I’d chime in with my July Classics guess. How about Cuban born percussionist Mongo Santamaria? He’s got a lot of pretty groovy records. You could argue that his 60’s stuff is more Latin Soul than Boogaloo, but that’s a hair splitting distinction.

Anyways, glad to be a part of this group. I read the forum a lot and started lurking around the old place after signing up for the Blossom Dearie record. - I’ve enjoyed all the piss and vinegar over VMP’s short comings, I must say. Keep up the good work, fellow Jazzbos! LOL
Welcome, @CountZero!

So after 4 years of VMP and classics from the beginning i’m About to cancel. It just sucks. maybe I will jump, back in but considering putting my whole VMP aovtm, classics, and exclusive up for sale. So disenfranchised with this operation

It has definitely become a low expectations type of situation with every shipment I get from them.

Not trying to push you out the door, but if you decide to liquidate I'd be interested purchasing Oriental Jazz and Muddy Waters if you have them.

It has definitely become a low expectations type of situation with every shipment I get from them.

Not trying to push you out the door, but if you decide to liquidate I'd be interested purchasing Oriental Jazz and Muddy Waters if you have them.
Just an FYI - if @bjshawk1980 isn’t ready to part with his collection just yet, I do have a copy of partial Muddy Waters available. They mailed me two copies of Disc 2/no Disc 1 (AND two copies of the booklet). 🤷‍♂️

Had it posted on the PIF thread on that “other” site. Doesn’t give you everything you want - but if you want the live album I’m happy to send it your way via PIF.

Just an FYI - if @bjshawk1980 isn’t ready to part with his collection just yet, I do have a copy of partial Muddy Waters available. They mailed me two copies of Disc 2/no Disc 1 (AND two copies of the booklet). 🤷‍♂️

Had it posted on the PIF thread on that “other” site. Doesn’t give you everything you want - but if you want the live album I’m happy to send it your way via PIF.

Thank you, I appreciate the offer. I think I'd rather hold out for a full copy though

So after 4 years of VMP and classics from the beginning i’m About to cancel. It just sucks. maybe I will jump, back in but considering putting my whole VMP aovtm, classics, and exclusive up for sale. So disenfranchised with this operation
I don't understand these types of outlooks. Why would you sell everything? You got some killer records?

I don't understand these types of outlooks. Why would you sell everything? You got some killer records?

Yeah why do you suddenly want to sell everything? Don't do it. There are certainly records you love and you'll miss if you sell them. Sell the one you don't like and just kept for completionism purpose and keep the ones you really love.

Last edited:

I totally get not giving them any more money. I don't get selling albums you already have because of where they came from.

IF you do liquidate I would love to buy Pastor TL Barrett from you, if you have it!

My suggestions is give it a few months before making a decision, right now everything is still raw, you might change your mind/settle down some. After a few months if you feel the same way then go ahead.

Yeah why do you suddenly want to sell everything? Don't do it. There are certainly records you love and you'll miss if you sell them. Sell the one you don't like and just kept for completionism purpose and keep the ones you really love.

Some people just need to make/take a fresh start, we may not make the same decision but I don't think we should tell people how to respond to something, maybe just caution them to make sure they are thinking it all the way through

Back