Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Meanwhile, my shipment has been “pending acceptance” since May 29th.

If VMP says I can keep these extras and you don't receive yours, let me know and I'll PIF this extra to you. Give it some time though. My Queen was sitting in Dallas for a good week or so before someone at the post office thought they should do their job and send it on.

How would you know?

I've had a back and forth with guy calling people, "the miserables" if they lodge a complaint.
However I recently tried to go back to those posts and they don't seem to be loading (deleted).

I don't care if they eventually get deleted, it's a closed group, but having all the complaints public is good to hold them accountable.

Wow I walk away to get some lunch and come back to this..

Good for them for sending new copies. I'm honestly shocked. I don't even know what to say. I've been vocally pissed, and I still am, but they're doing way more than I expected (figured an apology at best).

Do I still think this has been a fiasco? Yessir. But at least they seem like they're trying to get it together.

If VMP says I can keep these extras and you don't receive yours, let me know and I'll PIF this extra to you. Give it some time though. My Queen was sitting in Dallas for a good week or so before someone at the post office thought they should do their job and send it on.

Yeah, I’ll be patient. Thanks however. Appreciated!

I also enjoy that one guy claims the complainers killed the forum. I'd try to correct him but I really don't give a shit to get more involved with someone who's that much of a sycophant. The complaining is what pressed VMP to move quickly. I highly doubt they knew it was this widespread. The complaints clued them in.

Regardless it's not worth all the stress from making all these mistakes. You know what that say about pennies and pounds.
Clearly it is. You don’t actually think they closed the forum down because they felt bad ignoring it do you? We told them time and time again, often in painstaking detail how to right their ship.

I also enjoy that one guy claims the complainers killed the forum. I'd try to correct him but I really don't give a shit to get more involved with someone who's that much of a sycophant. The complaining is what pressed VMP to move quickly. I highly doubt they knew it was this widespread. The complaints clued them in.

It would have taken me a while to figure it out. Totally agree with you. They would have done nothing if people wouldn't have said anything.

It will be my last VMP product. They are making their mistakes right, but the problems with QC have made it a less than pleasurable experience.
I was down to six more records, now that I’m getting another Shorter; I’m waiting on seven more of their products. That’s it that’s all.
I’ve paid for my last VMP record, but I’m still waiting on two records, Lukas & Loretta.

If you saw my status I just got off from speaking with Matt and Llyod and will be meeting up with Llyod in person so there will quite a bit of additional feedback given. Sorry @Mr Moore I didn't get to your question, there wasn't a natural place to insert it but I will have it down for the in person

Anyone know if they will post the Don Was AMA. I know it wasn't great but I would still like to check it out

While it wasn't life-altering it was decent

It will be my last VMP product. They are making their mistakes right, but the problems with QC have made it a less than pleasurable experience.
Yep, I got out for reasons that have been well-documented on this forum (not related to the Anthology), but man, this has been an utter shit show. Errors, big and small, with every single release so far.

And that's not including what's going on in the main club right now with fulfillment issues and poor inventory management. So glad I can let the expense and stress roll off.

I'm off to drink a glass of water.

I don’t think so. I’m just exhausted from their constant fuck ups.

I actually think they are making it right with the replacement Dexter cover and the replacement Schizophrenia, but I'm also pretty exhausted with the constant QC mistakes, Orwellian communication, and under-delivery on added content.

After this Blue Note Anthology, I was trying to think up what label anthology would make me consider signing up again? If it stays at the price point the BN one was, probably nothing, but if the cost was lowered...Motown? Fania? Chess?

I think it's now going to be my goal to put together the VMP Red Headed StepChild Anthology Box... If I can get my hands on a screwed up copy of each of these releases, reversed labels, wrong jacket, damaged outer box etc, and can put together the Ugly Fugly Duckling VmP BlURnOrte ANtHoloGY BoRx I will be very very amused...
Yes, yes this will be very amusing indeed...

Back