Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Only a small percentage of shows can convey to vinyl without losing something in the process. A lot of shows build off of momentum and ebb and flow, which is easily lost on vinyl.
So true - I've always thought CDs/digital are better for listening to live shows. Even if it's over multiple CDs, that's still fewer (and shorter) interruptions than flipping/changing records.

If anyone becomes tempted to pick up Euphoria from VMP, here's another option to their pricing, plus 10% off for signing up for emails ;)

SMH, just placed a preorder for the Blues for Allah MoFi. That remains my favorite GD album out of those I've sampled, so I'm fine splurging a bit for a quality pressing. As for "Two from the Vault", is there any estimation on when is the repress coming out? Would it be safe to wait and order once it's up, or should I preorder now?

SMH, just placed a preorder for the Blues for Allah MoFi. That remains my favorite GD album out of those I've sampled, so I'm fine splurging a bit for a quality pressing. As for "Two from the Vault", is there any estimation on when is the repress coming out? Would it be safe to wait and order once it's up, or should I preorder now?
It should be shipping any day I think...thought it said Nov. ship date

It should be shipping any day I think...thought it said Nov. ship date
Ugh. I like the record, but spending $80 on an album I just found about, and on month where I've spent a little more than I should... Idk. Is there any chance that this record will make it to January?

Ugh. I like the record, but spending $80 on an album I just found about, and on month where I've spent a little more than I should... Idk. Is there any chance that this record will make it to January?

With Music Direct (if that's where you ordered from) there's no way of knowing when it will ship. It might not ship/charge you until January. Maybe email them to see if there's a general ETA of when they're thinking it will be fulfilled.

With Music Direct (if that's where you ordered from) there's no way of knowing when it will ship. It might not ship/charge you until January. Maybe email them to see if there's a general ETA of when they're thinking it will be fulfilled.
I did order BFA from Music Direct, but I'm currently considering placing a pre-order for the LITA repress of Two from the vault

I did order BFA from Music Direct, but I'm currently considering placing a pre-order for the LITA repress of Two from the vault
I believe these on backorder are for the second repress. I don’t know if they will do a third repress or not! It’s anybody’s guess. I’m tempted to go for Two from the Vault as well but I’m going to hold off. In my limited experience so far I kind of agree with what others have said. Live Dead music seems best for streaming/CD versus records. The flow of the live shows get ruined a bit by flipping the records.

I've listened through Wake Of The Flood and have no issues with any of the records so far.

Most of the inner sleeves were bent and wrinkled exposing the vinyl, but none have been damaged from this as of yet.

I finished off the whole set the other day and had no issues with any of the records. Only had the cracked box that I'm getting a replacement for in November.

Yeah that's why I mentioned it. Mars Hotel and Blues for Allah are both backordered. Sounds like Blues for Allah is a must buy. Skull and Roses and In the Dark are available but $100 and $125 respectively.

Yea--they jacked up the prices on Skull and Roses and in The Dark it seems which sucks...I was eyeing Skull and Roses. You also don't have to go for the best of the best if you're just getting into it. I really like the One From The Vault set as well.

3 LPs, cut by Kevin Gray. Quality is really nice. It's back-ordered (I think LITA does charge on order though if I remember correctly...)

Damn am I glad that passing on this anthology made me snag Skull and roses and In the Dark back in May, $60 and $75 respectively.

They're incredible. Also glad my wife bought me this BFA back when it was released, its not cheap now, and had no idea. She certainly didn't realize she was buying a Gray cut AAA copy, but thanks, honey!

Damn am I glad that passing on this anthology made me snag Skull and roses and In the Dark back in May, $60 and $75 respectively.

They're incredible. Also glad my wife bought me this BFA back when it was released, its not cheap now, and had no idea. She certainly didn't realize she was buying a Gray cut AAA copy, but thanks, honey!

Ooh nice one! I listened to In The Dark the other day since there was a cheap-ish MoFi copy on eBay but I ended up passing on it. I've been eyeing some of those Audio Fidelity albums too--awesome pick up!

Listening to episode 2 right now and this may honestly be my overall favorite Anthology yet so far.
Not necessarily from a musical standpoint (especially since Im only 2 albums in) but from the whole “story of” aspect. One of the main reasons I was looking forward to this and Herbie is I think the whole “story” told through a box set and podcast would work better for individual artists than a label. This has definitely been the case for me.

Only critique is I think it would have made more sense for the story aspect to have ‘Aoxomoxoa’ instead of ‘American Beauty’. From a story aspect it seems much more important in their transition to the “weirder” dead and the debt they racked up from tha album is what inspired ‘Live Dead’ and the next two albums. They reference it alot during the first two podcasts and I think it’s more important in telling the story than having both Workingmans and Beauty, which both represent the same era.

I get why they did it as they are more critically acclaimed and a bigger draw. And Aoxomoxoa was just reissued elsewhere. But I still think it would made more sense in terms of telling the “story”.

Like I said, minor critique and I definitely gave a listen to Apxomoxoa before moving on to Episode 2. Overally really really enjoying this

I just snagged the RSD boxset on eBay for a decent price so I might be PIFing Wake in a few weeks
It's great.
Listening to episode 2 right now and this may honestly be my overall favorite Anthology yet so far.
Not necessarily from a musical standpoint (especially since Im only 2 albums in) but from the whole “story of” aspect. One of the main reasons I was looking forward to this and Herbie is I think the whole “story” told through a box set and podcast would work better for individual artists than a label. This has definitely been the case for me.

Only critique is I think it would have made more sense for the story aspect to have ‘Aoxomoxoa’ instead of ‘American Beauty’. From a story aspect it seems much more important in their transition to the “weirder” dead and the debt they racked up from tha album is what inspired ‘Live Dead’ and the next two albums. They reference it alot during the first two podcasts and I think it’s more important in telling the story than having both Workingmans and Beauty, which both represent the same era.

I get why they did it as they are more critically acclaimed and a bigger draw. And Aoxomoxoa was just reissued elsewhere. But I still think it would made more sense in terms of telling the “story”.

Like I said, minor critique and I definitely gave a listen to Apxomoxoa before moving on to Episode 2. Overally really really enjoying this
I can sort of see why they didn't to be honest. I think the tapes had gone walk about for years and they finally turned up again for the 2011 re-issue series (that's the original) mix anyway. I've no idea what Rhino did with them but that cut is one of the worst re-issues I've ever bought. Anthem, Workingman's and American Beauty sound fantastic but the Aoxomoxoa is bloody terrible. I thought it was my copy but the internet is full of people citing the same thing as I hear. It's like getting someone to bake a loaf of bread that covers your entire head, then listening to a record through it. Which I suppose would make you a Bread Head rather than a Dead Head but that aside it's massively annoying... and shit. So maybe the original cut just isn't in condition to do great things with. I've not heard the 50th but can't imagine it would sound worse. But it's also the later master.

The Rhino 2011 Anthem sounds insanely good though so that would have been a stellar shout. I'm more and more content with the decision to buy this each day but if I'm, honest. For the cash the box costs they could have probably sprung for both

It's great.

I can sort of see why they didn't to be honest. I think the tapes had gone walk about for years and they finally turned up again for the 2011 re-issue series (that's the original) mix anyway. I've no idea what Rhino did with them but that cut is one of the worst re-issues I've ever bought. Anthem, Workingman's and American Beauty sound fantastic but the Aoxomoxoa is bloody terrible. I thought it was my copy but the internet is full of people citing the same thing as I hear. It's like getting someone to bake a loaf of bread that covers your entire head, then listening to a record through it. Which I suppose would make you a Bread Head rather than a Dead Head but that aside it's massively annoying... and shit. So maybe the original cut just isn't in condition to do great things with. I've not heard the 50th but can't imagine it would sound worse. But it's also the later master.

The Rhino 2011 Anthem sounds insanely good though so that would have been a stellar shout. I'm more and more content with the decision to buy this each day but if I'm, honest. For the cash the box costs they could have probably sprung for both

Good to know. I bought the Self-titled and Anthem but not Aoxomoxoa yet. That definitely makes more sense if the pressing was that much of a mess. Still would have made more sense from the "story" perspective but I have zero complaints about having some amazing pressings of Workingman and Beauty instead.

Back