Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Vinceron has the full box up for $202 and honestly, I think it's really worth it at that price. Anyone that missed the original should buy it. And I know, Vinceron is evil or whatever and I'm perpetuating the vinyl second hand bubble market and propping up flippers etc etc............ but still.

Also, holy shit, I'm assuming VMP sold Vinceron some boxes at a big discount, and Vinceron's able to sell that box at $202 and still make a profit... which means that these $300+ boxes are insanely marked up bullshit, which obviously we knew, but still.

I didnt really believe the Vinceron being directly supplied by VMP theories, but I cant see any other way he could sell the box at that price...

I didnt really believe the Vinceron being directly supplied by VMP theories, but I cant see any other way he could sell the box at that price...
Mmmmmmm yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too! Like....that’s ridiculously cheap compared to what it originally retailer for! VMP should of just sold it to the public for the discount price!

VMP wanted to just make it seem like it sold out! I hate that they try to look like that sometimes!

Oh yeah VMP is definitely selling to him direct, no other way he could afford that price. Makes me wonder if the Herbie box is maybe going to be a rational price or if they're going to stubbornly stick to their insane pricing.

Oh yeah VMP is definitely selling to him direct, no other way he could afford that price. Makes me wonder if the Herbie box is maybe going to be a rational price or if they're going to stubbornly stick to their insane pricing.
Oh, it is going to be insane pricing...I mean what has happened to give anyone an impression otherwise?

Does anyone here have the list of the titles VMP did not pick for the Blue Note Anthology? I remember Don Was gave VMP two potential titles for each genre, and then Storf (?) gave the list of the other titles. I tried searching here to no avail.

Does anyone here have the list of the titles VMP did not pick for the Blue Note Anthology? I remember Don Was gave VMP two potential titles for each genre, and then Storf (?) gave the list of the other titles. I tried searching here to no avail.

Original 12 Titles:

Bop
Bud Powell – The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 2
Horace Silver – Horace Silver Trio

Hard Bop
Dexter Gordon – Dexter Calling
Hank Mobley – Roll Call

Post Bop
Lee Morgan – The Procrastinator
Wayne Shorter – Schizophrenia

Soul Jazz
Big John Patton – Got a Good Thing Goin’
Lou Donaldson – The Natural Soul

Fusion
Bobby Hutcherson – Montara
Eddie Henderson – Heritage

Modern
Robert Glasper – In My Element
Ambrose Akinmusire – Origami Harvest

I honestly didn't believe it either but absolutely think that they do now. God damn, fuck this company, not simply content to make the stuff they license to press themselves expensive and hard to get they're literally handing money to a dude who makes every limited copy of everything more difficult to purchase. Can't wait for them to go under.

I honestly didn't believe it either but absolutely think that they do now. God damn, fuck this company, not simply content to make the stuff they license to press themselves expensive and hard to get they're literally handing money to a dude who makes every limited copy of everything more difficult to purchase. Can't wait for them to go under.

Seriously, why is it so hard for people to believe that a company that sells records to make money would want to sell records to someone... this is literally an e-mail I received from VMP around two years ago:

"Hi

My name is XYZ, and I'm the VP Finance of Vinyl Me, Please. I'm reaching out to see if we could connect and discuss a potential relationship where we sell you archive records at a bulk discount (vs you buying at retail price).

Let me know a few good days/times over the next couple weeks to connect and discuss.

Hope to talk soon."

The subsequent stocklist they sent me had all titles discounted at around 40-60% so please stop talking about whether they do or don't sell to other companies... they do!

Seriously, why is it so hard for people to believe that a company that sells records to make money would want to sell records to someone... this is literally an e-mail I received from VMP around two years ago:

"Hi

My name is XYZ, and I'm the VP Finance of Vinyl Me, Please. I'm reaching out to see if we could connect and discuss a potential relationship where we sell you archive records at a bulk discount (vs you buying at retail price).

Let me know a few good days/times over the next couple weeks to connect and discuss.

Hope to talk soon."

The subsequent stocklist they sent me had all titles discounted at around 40-60% so please stop talking about whether they do or don't sell to other companies... they do!

Yeah, I figured if they did sell to him an arrangement like this is the case.
Honestly since this is likely the case, it would mean records allotted to swaps are not going to him and he’s not even technically “flipping”.

I still really dislike his company and wish VMP stuck to more ethical resellers like Acoustic Sounds, etc but at least people likely dont have to worry about fighting vinceron to grab a copy since his are likely alotted already. Now if only they can get their inventory counts more under control...

"Hi

Hope to talk soon."

I mean we've known that they sell to other companies for a while... (Bespoke Post etc) and call me naive but to me it's one thing to unload stock that's sitting around to other retailers and another thing to have a backchannel to some shady flipper who a decent portion of your customer base has been complaining about. Good strategy for making money (or losing less money in this case haha) but maybe not so great for their "aw shucks we're just a lil ol group of friends trying to work everything out y'all!" image that they try to cultivate

Original 12 Titles:

Bop
Bud Powell – The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 2
Horace Silver – Horace Silver Trio

Hard Bop
Dexter Gordon – Dexter Calling
Hank Mobley – Roll Call

Post Bop
Lee Morgan – The Procrastinator
Wayne Shorter – Schizophrenia

Soul Jazz
Big John Patton – Got a Good Thing Goin’
Lou Donaldson – The Natural Soul

Fusion
Bobby Hutcherson – Montara
Eddie Henderson – Heritage

Modern
Robert Glasper – In My Element
Ambrose Akinmusire – Origami Harvest

VMP made the right choices in every case.

Yeah, I figured if they did sell to him an arrangement like this is the case.
Honestly since this is likely the case, it would mean records allotted to swaps are not going to him and he’s not even technically “flipping”.

Obvs no one outside of the companies involved knows the specifics of their arrangements, but vinceron had very few (like 1 or 2) copies of MMM Food for sale and then sold 100+. This is all during a time when it wasn't for sale on vmp's site and before they repressed and brought it back for swaps. Vinceron's not in the wrong to make money where he can, I suppose and the company will do what they want anyway, but it's certainly galling as a customer.

Out of curiosity, I just googled the Vinceron site for the Dead box and it is not listed at $202... it is up at $499.

If VMP can't move it at $450, then... ummm..............

Back