Vinyl Me Please Anthology

That is a killer jam. Right after I played it, YouTube recommended an Allman Brothers version where Derek Trucks was killin' it on guitar. I can see how that song plays well as a cover. Will check out those others you've recommended!

The Baby Huey looks like most, but not all are instrumental versions. The comments on Discogs really sold me. Sounds like a home run for this version. I found it is the cheapest at Reverb.

That Allman Brothers version is actually the Beck sample and is not by them but features them as backing musicians to Johnny Jenkins, the credited artist on that track. I actually think it's pretty fucked up how many people credit that version to them and not him.

Oh man, you're not familiar with Walk On Gilded Splinters? Duuuuuuuude.... you're about to go down a rabbit hole. Check out Dr. John's original, or the version Beck sampled for "Loser", or Humble Pie's 16 minute live version. One of my favoritest songs of all times and it's hard to find a bad cover of it.
Paul Weller’s take is great. People might recognize it from one of The Wire’s season finale montages (I cant remember which season though. I want to say it was 2?). Not really digging the Cher version though.
That Allman Brothers version is actually the Beck sample and is not by them but features them as backing musicians to Johnny Jenkins, the credited artist on that track. I actually think it's pretty fucked up how many people credit that version to them and not him.
I asked VMP to look into pressing Ton-Ton Macoute! a couple of times a few years ago. Cool record!

Paul Weller’s take is great. People might recognize it from one of The Wire’s season finale montages (I cant remember which season though. I want to say it was 2?). Not really digging the Cher version though.

Also a big fan of Weller's version. His gets a lot of influence from Marsha Hunt's really cool take as well.

I haven't heard it yet. In fact, I've never heard of this LP or that song before you called it out. Great funky tune. I sampled the rest of her original LP, but not sure if the other tunes are up anywhere. I've found they Run Out Groove does this often where they include bonus materials that are somewhat rare. That Baby Huey is a perfect example. It has a second LP that I think has not been released before. Sounds super funky! And they ship free in the US. Good site to keep an eye on.
Not to thread jack but that Baby Huey is my very favorite RSD grab. Went in blind. They do good work in their R&B/soul releases.

Has anybody else received there Stax Anthology box yet?

The front sleeve Sam & Dave album seems to be printed too low, disappearing off the bottom & leaving a larger white border at the top.

Has anybody else received there Stax Anthology box yet?

The front sleeve Sam & Dave album seems to be printed too low, disappearing off the bottom & leaving a larger white border at the top.
Can you post a pic? I guess spoiler tag it if people still don't know.

Back