Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Sun Ship test pressing.

UJqI9qf.jpg

tu1n9ss.jpg

gbu8opB.jpg

I bought some over the years on eBay that came out before my time. Some I bought from collectors downsizing. I was lucky enough to have a mentor who retired and gave me some of Mosaic sets. The more recent titles I bought as they came out over the last 10-15 years which have been mostly CDs, but there were some vinyl sets like Coltrane's Sun Ship, which I'm lucky enough to have a test pressing of.

I had a Flickr gallery where I used to post my Mosaic sets, but that was over a decade ago when things were still manageable.

The Flickr gallery is still up ---> Mosaic Records Boxsets
For me, I started buying them regularly in the 90s, mostly CDs though I have a lot of LP sets (you can pry the Miles SGQ out of my cold dead hands). 85% was from Mosaic directly and I was sorry when they got rid of vinyl. The Clifford Brown, Getz and Mulligan from the reboot are great. I love Sun Ship but I had all of that material elsewhere so I didn't spring for that box.

At one point, I was "catalog" on all Mosaics and went absolutely bananas a few years back when they basically said they were closing up shop (I love a lot of swing and such so a lot of that is in my wheelhouse).

That Flicker gallery is great. I remember when you were posting those at Hoffman, I think, in the MMJ threads. To think how much money I had to save to buy all of the Mosaics and MMJs!

They are still trying to flog that Dead box. Curious how many they sold.
This is a new pressing. They sold 2500 of the first box. This one’s being done at their new plant.

Originally license was for 7,500 and they only pressed 2500 at QRP. Then they stole QRP’s plant manager for their own plant and are repressing the next batch of 2500 I’m guessing. I’m shocked how much it sells for on secondary market

Willie is a name that people recognize. It was also in a Black Friday sale I believe
It took a LOOOONG time for Willie to sell out (March 22-June 23) and like you said, had the Black Friday sale plus (I assume) the coupon that some people got for subscribing in Jan. They did a push around his birthday and offered one of those country bandanas if you bought it and that seemed to entice people enough to sell it out.

It took a LOOOONG time for Willie to sell out (March 22-June 23) and like you said, had the Black Friday sale plus (I assume) the coupon that some people got for subscribing in Jan. They did a push around his birthday and offered one of those country bandanas if you bought it and that seemed to entice people enough to sell it out.
Yea I know it took awhile but vanguard was before Willie I think? Still available. Not sure if it was less copies off the top of my head too

This is a new pressing. They sold 2500 of the first box. This one’s being done at their new plant.

Originally license was for 7,500 and they only pressed 2500 at QRP. Then they stole QRP’s plant manager for their own plant and are repressing the next batch of 2500 I’m guessing. I’m shocked how much it sells for on secondary market
I didn't realize they had dropped the amount of the first pressing. I just remember them first announcing the box and how it was limited to 7500 and laughing my butt off

I didn't realize they had dropped the amount of the first pressing. I just remember them first announcing the box and how it was limited to 7500 and laughing my butt off
i think the plan was always to do 1/3 up front and then see how that went and do more editions later. it sells for close to $700 on discogs and i saw somebody pay $600 for it last week on another site.

i think the plan was always to do 1/3 up front and then see how that went and do more editions later. it sells for close to $700 on discogs and i saw somebody pay $600 for it last week on another site.
It's not that crazy when you realize that a couple that are out of press otherwise go for hundreds each. Still too high, but better to buy this than gamble on a used one for that kind of scratch imo.

It's not that crazy when you realize that a couple that are out of press otherwise go for hundreds each. Still too high, but better to buy this than gamble on a used one for that kind of scratch imo.
For me, a casual Dead fan, the ones that cost a few hundred don’t seem necessary to own. So this one’s an easy pass for me.

I bought some over the years on eBay that came out before my time. Some I bought from collectors downsizing. I was lucky enough to have a mentor who retired and gave me some of Mosaic sets. The more recent titles I bought as they came out over the last 10-15 years which have been mostly CDs, but there were some vinyl sets like Coltrane's Sun Ship, which I'm lucky enough to have a test pressing of.

I had a Flickr gallery where I used to post my Mosaic sets, but that was over a decade ago when things were still manageable.

The Flickr gallery is still up ---> Mosaic Records Boxsets
Fantastic!

I really rate the Mosaic sets. Sure they dont have the same artwork but the booklets are fantastic and the music typically sounds killer.

I think I have a dozen or so. The most intriguing one is a review copy for the journalist Steve Voce. It has his name in the box reserved for the number.

Fantastic!

I really rate the Mosaic sets. Sure they dont have the same artwork but the booklets are fantastic and the music typically sounds killer.

I think I have a dozen or so. The most intriguing one is a review copy for the journalist Steve Voce. It has his name in the box reserved for the number.
One of my intriguing ones is the Jackie McLean Blue Note set. The previous owner had it signed by Jackie McLean in 1996 when he went to see Jackie perform at the Mary Lou Williams jazz festival at Duke University. He left the ticket stub from the show in the box.

UUsSIlO.jpg

bTcVx1D.jpg

One of my intriguing ones is the Jackie McLean Blue Note set. The previous owner had it signed by Jackie McLean in 1996 when he went to see Jackie perform at the Mary Lou Williams jazz festival at Duke University. He left the ticket stub from the show in the box.

UUsSIlO.jpg

bTcVx1D.jpg
This is amazing!!

I keep most of my gig tickets (although most are just printed tickets) in record sleeves. Always nice when I go to listen and reminded of a gig.

Several years ago I bought a copy of the Bruce Springsteen Live 1975-1985 box set for cheap and it had a ticket stub to the London gig that appears in the set. Always thought that was pretty cool.

This is amazing!!

I keep most of my gig tickets (although most are just printed tickets) in record sleeves. Always nice when I go to listen and reminded of a gig.

Several years ago I bought a copy of the Bruce Springsteen Live 1975-1985 box set for cheap and it had a ticket stub to the London gig that appears in the set. Always thought that was pretty cool.

I've been having luck getting the box offices to print ticket stubs day of the show. At arenas I usually say my phone died and they print them

Back