Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Probably not adding to the discussion at all, but I'm in the group that already has some of these as MOFIs, so I'm out on the box. That being said it looks cool though and I'll listen to the podcast.

My Cadet box was delivered to my old address. I moved in January and updated my address then. I even triple checked my account was up to date with my new address and they still sent it there. VMP does this literally every time I move…
Yeah, you can update your address, but if the order was placed before you moved you have to reach out to CS to get the address changed on any outstanding order. It's annoying that you can't update the order with a new address but that's the system they're working with.

Yeah, you can update your address, but if the order was placed before you moved you have to reach out to CS to get the address changed on any outstanding order. It's annoying that you can't update the order with a new address but that's the system they're working with.
i think part of it is because the anthologies come from a different warehouse but could be wrong.

I had to do it even on a non-anthology purchase.
Sorry, as a web developer I do enjoy discussing user interface/experience decisions and solutions. Sorry for the long read.

A good rule of thumb here by the way is to think of account, billing and shipping addresses as three separate entities, especially with something like this that charges you the moment that you place an order:

- Your account address simply is the stored address that you use to quick fill the forms (billing + shipping address).
- Your billing address is the address associated with the card at the time of purchase.
- Your shipping address is where you want your order sent. Remember, you can send it elsewhere with most ordering systems, say if you want to gift someone else what you're shipping.

When you place an order, and order is created with basically a snapshot in time of the latter two, what's the address associated with the card, and where do you want it shipped to as of placing the order. The system isn't smart enough to realize that this separate entity of shipping address changes when you change your account address. Simply think of account address as an auto-fill solution when filling out the forms to place an order. So when you update your account address nothing will change in relation to the order as you've already been billed based on billing address, and it's still assuming the order still needs to be shipped to the address entered at the time of ordering. It doesn't know you've moved and nobody associated with you lives there anymore.

My spitball solution is when you update your account address, give the user a checkbox saying "Update all outstanding orders associated with this account", or let the user update SOLELY the shipping address in your order history page...but I feel like there's some backend technical challenges here.

I'm also in a similar boat to everyone else. I have two copies of Bitches Brew although both are kind of meh in quality, two copies of Live-Evil (one is a beat-up copy inherited by my late mother-in-law and the other is the recent RSD reissue) and a decent-sounding OG copy of On the Corner. Hard to justify.
Whelp, I went for it. Not having any of these in my collection as MoFi's helped. Also to be honest I've been kind of souring a bit on the Impulse set. The currently announced titles haven't really done much for me (blasphemy, I know), so I decided to use the remaining hundred bucks or so of store credit I had been hoarding for it to get a discount with Miles instead.

Also on a related note, my Cadet set arrived and I'm spinning it now. This Dorothy Ashby, man. :love:

Whelp, I went for it. Not having any of these in my collection as MoFi's helped. Also to be honest I've been kind of souring a bit on the Impulse set. The currently announced titles haven't really done much for me (blasphemy, I know), so I decided to use the remaining hundred bucks or so of store credit I had been hoarding for it to get a discount with Miles instead.

Also on a related note, my Cadet set arrived and I'm spinning it now. This Dorothy Ashby, man. :love:
same for me re: the impulse box. i may eventually go for the Miles box but holding off for now...if it goes to low stock though the FOMO may get the best of me.

Can anyone comment on the sound The Peace-maker from the Cadet set? I need to get more familiar w/ the other records in the box, but that‘s my biggest single item I’d want from that box. Very glad to know the tapes still exist, so at least there’s a theoretical hope for a standalone reissue. It seems to be the rarest record on my Discogs “want” list.

I jumped on it too, only have Mofi of IASW & random copies of everything else, plus I do like the tight focus on the electric yrs. Now to see how long I can continue to hold off on Cadet before y'all convince me that (of course) I need it too....

Can anyone comment on the sound The Peace-maker from the Cadet set? I need to get more familiar w/ the other records in the box, but that‘s my biggest single item I’d want from that box. Very glad to know the tapes still exist, so at least there’s a theoretical hope for a standalone reissue. It seems to be the rarest record on my Discogs “want” list.
I think it sounds pretty excellent. I don't have any other pressings to compare to though because even the CDs are $85+ on discogs haha

@Portland Sheriff I'd say that Electric Mud, Peace Maker and Afro-Harping alone are worth the price of admission. If you just want Peacemaker I don't doubt you could pretty easily sell the others to offset the price massively. But I think you might like most of the set. The only one I really don't care for (so far) is the Ramsey Lewis.

@Portland Sheriff I'd say that Electric Mud, Peace Maker and Afro-Harping alone are worth the price of admission. If you just want Peacemaker I don't doubt you could pretty easily sell the others to offset the price massively. But I think you might like most of the set. The only one I really don't care for (so far) is the Ramsey Lewis.
Thank you. Revisiting some of the other items today. I would never break up a box (not sure why bc it doesn’t make a meaningful difference to anything that matters in the world, but it just doesn’t sit right with me) but would gladly buy an item from a broken-up box!

Thank you. Revisiting some of the other items today. I would never break up a box (not sure why bc it doesn’t make a meaningful difference to anything that matters in the world, but it just doesn’t sit right with me) but would gladly buy an item from a broken-up box!
I fully agree with this level of irrationality 😂

Back