Vinyl Me Please Anthology

btw are they still sending out box sets a record at a time like they did with Blue Note, or do they send the entire set all at once and trickle out the podcasts afterwards?

Written by the teenager that writes for Analog Planet. There was mention of the most recent screw ups by VMP- the latest 3 because there have been countless. Pretty much he excuses them for all of it.

I still don’t get the new pricing. More than MoFi or AP 33 RPM albums for GZ pressings? No thanks.

hey, no need to be ageist. ;)

btw are they still sending out box sets a record at a time like they did with Blue Note, or do they send the entire set all at once and trickle out the podcasts afterwards?

I think the last few have been sent all at once, but not sure how the podcasts are released.

I think the last few have been sent all at once, but not sure how the podcasts are released.

They've been sent out all at once after Blue Note. And with Zamrock they released all the Podcasts right at the beginning too so people can do it at their own pace and don't have to wait for everyone to get theirs, etc.

I have had no problem with this setup at all.

The fortnightly deliveries for BN were infuriating. Balls out stupid idea

Probably a bad idea, but I loved it. I know a lot of people had trouble, but there's nothing I love more than getting stuff in the mail. I honestly think getting rid of that was a huge mistake.

Probably a bad idea, but I loved it. I know a lot of people had trouble, but there's nothing I love more than getting stuff in the mail. I honestly think getting rid of that was a huge mistake.

I liked it alot in theory. I did not like it in implementation. And with how garbage USPS service is right now, it would be a nightmare.

I think the secrecy sleeves were a great compromise and I definitely opened as I went along with the podcasts

Yes, that is right. MM get a license for a certain number of titles and there is a time limit to their !icense which I believe has long passed, so they can do represses up to the license number but no more.
I would guess that for many titles the license quantity has been filled.
There is nothing stopping BN from pressing and title done by MM. They seem to want to establish TP first, and steer that clear of duplicating MM.
In time I am sure we will see BN start to dig into MM titles. They probably dont want to piss off all those who overpaid MM - the value of MM titles will plunge once BN does them for $35.
If this is true, it seems like they must have renewed some licenses, because they only seem to be repressing some of the most popular ones, which are certainly ones that they would have hit their limit on.

Hey Folks. Is there any chance anyone would be able to share the link to the motown anthology podcasts with me? My mom grew up in Detroit right after the peak of Motown and really loves that stuff. I sent her the stax podcasts a while back and she listened through them twice. I think she would really love the Motown ones as well.

Back