Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Is it a tape flutter? I have a couple of reissues made from the best tapes that are still available where there is a bit of wow and flutter because the only tapes were getting a bit stretched. I listened to the WITCH album but didn't notice it
Not sure it's flutter, seems longer than that. I'm sure it;s from the master since it's only affecting a few tracks for limited times. Pressing is dead center and flat.

Wow is pitch variation.
🌈The more you know 🌠🌠 thanks hah. i'll take a listen today.

The only time I've heard this on my system was with a very off centred pressing. Maybe check for that? But yes also I imagine those masters were pretty rough...
I believe only one of the albums is actually from a master tape (the Fireballs album). The rest are from vinyl masters as far as I can remember.

🌈The more you know 🌠🌠 thanks hah. i'll take a listen today.

I believe only one of the albums is actually from a master tape (the Fireballs album). The rest are from vinyl masters as far as I can remember.
Doesn't wow compound? Like the tapes, the vinyl master, and my system could all contribute to a pitch variation?

I will say that I find the general concept of this whole "Anthology" thing to be a very cool idea. I also find the idea of focusing on one artist/band rather than a label to be more intriguing, again, in a general sense. I just wish it wasn't so cost prohibitive and that it was being done by a company I had more faith in.

Anybody else notice some pretty gnarly wow on the first side of Witch - Introduction? Just checking to see if it's my setup or my record. I know these recordings are probably pretty rough but it was the first time I've heard it through vocals and guitar passages before.
Could be the masters? Seems like they weren't exactly stored in ideal conditions.

I’m betting it’s the source material since I haven’t had any other issues on other records. Sounded like someone had a finger on the platter and was deliberately messing with the speed.
Mine should arrive soon if there is an issue I’ll check back.

Zamrock AMA Session 1 is about to start.

Didn't get a chance to see this live but watched back and really enjoyed it!

I'm not sure if they always do these things but other than the technical issues (which with the way the world is going now I'm getting used to!) it was really interesting and informative. I also appreciate the guy from VMP just acted as a moderator and let the people who have actual knowledge about the music do all the talking!

Didn't get a chance to see this live but watched back and really enjoyed it!

I'm not sure if they always do these things but other than the technical issues (which with the way the world is going now I'm getting used to!) it was really interesting and informative. I also appreciate the guy from VMP just acted as a moderator and let the people who have actual knowledge about the music do all the talking!
I caught most of it. I agree that it’s fascinating to hear about what goes into finding and repressing these forgotten classics.

One question: I assumed since this was a four part/chapter thing that yesterday would’ve focused on chapter one (WITCH and AMANAZ), but they talked about WITCH and Ngozi - 45,000 Volts. Did they mention what the format of this would be?

It’s my first Anthology, so maybe the live conversations just aren’t that scripted/structured? I haven’t listened to the podcast yet, I assume that follows the chapters?

I caught most of it. I agree that it’s fascinating to hear about what goes into finding and repressing these forgotten classics.

One question: I assumed since this was a four part/chapter thing that yesterday would’ve focused on chapter one (WITCH and AMANAZ), but they talked about WITCH and Ngozi - 45,000 Volts. Did they mention what the format of this would be?

It’s my first Anthology, so maybe the live conversations just aren’t that scripted/structured? I haven’t listened to the podcast yet, I assume that follows the chapters?

The discussed Amanaz a little.

The live conversations have never been as structured, but are usually on the first set of albums, but this is the first set they've released what all the albums are ahead of time. Its always been freewheeling. The podcast is def more structured.

I may have purchased the "Live/Dead" vinyl on amazon for $31.06 - but can't really tell anything from the listing about which release it is. It should be delivered by Sunday, though, so I'll let people know (if we don't figure it out before then).

This was just delivered and it’s the 2003 Rhino US EU pressing - 180g 2LP gatefold.

Just checked and the price has dropped a whole $0.07 to $30.99!

EDIT: When I scanned in the barcode on the Discogs app, it pulled up the US pressing, but, upon closer inspection, both the gatefold cover and the disc labels indicate that it was "Made in the EU." However, the runout IDs listed on the discogs entry for the US pressing are closer (than what's listed for the EU pressing discogs entry) to what I'm seeing on the copy I have. Regardless, I'm spinning it now - it sounds fine, and I'm very satisfied with this purchase and price point.

EDIT, AGAIN: Looks like the US Pressing has the colorful "WB" logo on the labels, while the EU pressing does not, and neither does mine, so mine must be the EU pressing, despite what's showing in the runout groove.

Last edited:
Back