Vinyl Me Please Anthology

KnVrY0kR2scoqdL74OHSVkiTaHpLEjhevVlbnATSmkyEYa7G5DgWIuXDT-EbGwwsfCcc6JU2kmDIr0bNIOVGpJo-iJPERXt7NakcJtWqizNj_4-CwInlN46FQ0n12iuk1WV7_hEplrOhCoXXkEnE0S4exJaEe8hjfovscooChyCb3zZpH8irfzSIXpO9p6Eoy2sY3kpdfwXKGdQciQr-6hZVy6eHR4rEeuGQWcY_=s0-d-e1-ft

See, these color choices actually make sense! And basically $20/disc...

Get while it's hot!

Code: M9J5ZV

Am I missing something, they seem very confident that this is a no brainer and will sell out rather quickly and easily, like overconfident! I remember they talked about being worried pressing 1000 Blue Note boxes and thinking that was a big risk, times have changed!

That's how they talk. Either they believe it or it's a bluff. Meanwhile, they're still sitting on a stack of anoraks and Woodstock boxes.

I guess we'll see.

A little late in the "guess whats in the box" posts, but if I was limited to 4 live and 4 studio, I'd go with:

Live:
Live/Dead
Europe '72
Cornell '77
Wake Up To Find Out

Studio:
American Beauty
Wake of the Flood
Go To Heaven
In The Dark

The biggest crime here (in my opinion) is that they're giving the same weight to the studio material as they are the live material. I think cutting all of the studio albums and adding in Stanford 82 and Berkeley 84 (or at least some 78-90 retrospective live collection) would've improved the collection massively.

Still looking forward to the podcast and liner notes and everything.

I get why they chose the albums they did too, but they definitely could have chosen either Workingman’s Dead or American Beauty and included something from pre Live Dead. Also, Blues for Allah is a stronger album than Wake of the Flood, and Reckoning is just an all acoustic live compilation from fall 1980 shows which is good but they could have done a full show too or mixed recordings from that and Dead Set. Maybe they should have included In the Dark too.

Same. I get it, and expected it, but I don't like it. I'm looking at Working Man AND American Beauty as if they were afraid that picking one would result in people complaining that they didn't pick the other, but it's definitely lazy. The Reckoning acoustic element is kind of essential to me, but I agree they could have approached it differently. Without a Net is them covering later era without over focusing on it or releasing a spotty album. I love Wake Of The Flood, but you have to pick a lane. If you're viewing "essential" as WD and AB, then Blues For Allah should be in there.

A little late in the "guess whats in the box" posts, but if I was limited to 4 live and 4 studio, I'd go with:

Live:
Live/Dead
Europe '72
Cornell '77
Wake Up To Find Out

Studio:
American Beauty
Wake of the Flood
Go To Heaven
In The Dark

The biggest crime here (in my opinion) is that they're giving the same weight to the studio material as they are the live material. I think cutting all of the studio albums and adding in Stanford 82 and Berkeley 84 (or at least some 78-90 retrospective live collection) would've improved the collection massively.

Still looking forward to the podcast and liner notes and everything.
That would be a big box.

Imagine if this was a RSD item instead of VMP still with 7500 made. This would sell immediately.
You can still find Dead RSD releases for retail or cheaper that were a lower number than this. Even Dick’s Picks vinyl releases aren’t over 2,000. At the end of the day, the Dead wasn’t really made for vinyl listening.

The Rhino presses aren’t extremely easy to find, but this seller has a few of AB here for a nice price:

Y'all stop complaining! They are graciously allowing you to purchase this boxset with 4 interest-free payments of $112.50.

We have entered a new era for vinyl! Shit is so expensive you have to pay for it over a 4 month period.

Just get the MOFIs and the Rhino reissues. That is all you need. Dead albums are so ubiquitous (with a few exceptions).

I bought all the Rhino reissues on Amazon for$12 each. They all sound fantastic. Live Dead was $17. Europe 72 reissue was $37.

These prices are nuts for some colored PVC pellets.

its cool that the liner notes are by acclaimed artists like avey tare and daniel longstreth (its cool they even have these connections)

but 450 USD

Back