Vinyl Me Please Anthology

For reference there were 2000 copies of Dick's Picks 8, which is a consensus top 5 show of all time and it took like a month to sell out on vinyl.
There are a bunch of idiots on reddit, saying they've never listened to any dead at all, but willl dip their toes in with this...i mean why start on this thing...it will be pricey as hell

wow 7500 sounds insane but it is the dead. I actually have never dipped a toe into the waters with them. I know I like Sublime's cover of Scarlet Begonias. this might be a good way to check them out.
There are a bunch of idiots on reddit, saying they've never listened to any dead at all, but willl dip their toes in with this...i mean why start on this thing...it will be pricey as hell

HERE WE GO

I think a lot of Dead Heads will pass, most of us have the studio albums and shit ton of the live releases. Definitely some crazy ones among us, but the second I saw studio albums, I was out. I think this could be a good primer for people less acquainted with the GOGD, but it’ll probably be too expensive for that group as well

I really hope this doesn't have WD and AB on it. Those are obvious starting points, have recent reissues and receiving another round of anniversary releases. The studio albums pre-hiatus have been released to death, so I think the focus will be post-hiatus.

My best guess given the clues would be:

Anthem of the Sun
Terrapin Station
Go To Heaven
Built to Last

Live/Dead
Europe '72
Reckoning
Without A Net

I am hopeful that there will be a Dick's Picks, Road Trips or Dave's Picks on vinyl, or some other unreleased show. Perhaps the bonus live shows from the anniversary discs will be part of this release, which would make sense and make this worthwhile.

I think a lot of Dead Heads will pass, most of us have the studio albums and shit ton of the live releases. Definitely some crazy ones among us, but the second I saw studio albums, I was out. I think this could be a good primer for people less acquainted with the GOGD, but it’ll probably be too expensive for that group as well

This is me. I have all the other anthologies, I want to dip my toes into it, I like the podcasts, I expect resale will at least remain steady, and I'll have a discount code. Unless this is something crazy like $500.

American Beauty
Workingman’s Dead
Aoxomoxoa
Blues For Allah

Live/Dead
Europe 72
Without a Net
Reckoning

My guess

Yeah this would be Grateful Dead Starter Kit which is totally on brand for VMP now..I think you could swap Anthem for Blues..or In The Dark. Just hopefully not Steal Your Face. Bellman cuts would be tempting

This is me. I have all the other anthologies, I want to dip my toes into it, I like the podcasts, I expect resale will at least remain steady, and I'll have a discount code. Unless this is something crazy like $500.
I’m not calling anyone who buys this an idiot, just saying that as someone who owns a lot of Dead, I was hoping for something unreleased. I have the BN anthology and love those records, but if you’re someone with close to or all of the studio albums, and the canon live albums, it’s hard to justify this. Happy they are doing something Dead related I guess, but wish it was something that interested me more.
If this gets people into the Grateful Dead, then this is a good thing. They are a band worth listening to

Back