Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Stax Box supposed to be delivered today. Just happen to be off from work. Doubt I'll be able to not open all the records. :cool:

Anyone that's got it tried to access the QR stuff yet? Is anything there?

It looks like they have foam encasing the box, so fingers crossed it did its job and protected it?
It's actually more like a bike helmet with gaps and holes. Nothing on the actual corners, but there is some on the edges. I wish they had done it like the Blue Note box where there was actual corner stiffeners and padding.

Mine arrived safe and sound, thank goodness. Lowest number I've ever gotten too. :cool:

Of course, couldn't wait and opened everything just to take stock and look for damage. All good, and the records all look fab at first glance. Prints are nice. A few not as crisp and clear as they could be, but super impressed at the overall package. I love this thing!

Stax Box.JPG

Mine arrived safe and sound, thank goodness. Lowest number I've ever gotten too. :cool:

Of course, couldn't wait and opened everything just to take stock and look for damage. All good, and the records all look fab at first glance. Prints are nice. A few not as crisp and clear as they could be, but super impressed at the overall package. I love this thing!

View attachment 29245
Did you open all the secrecy sleeves? If so, could you DM me what is in the box?

Apologies if this has been posted already...but here are the records in the Stax Anthology...

1. Booker T & The MG’s - Soul Dressing
2. Sam & Dave - Hold On I’m Comin’
3. Otis Redding - The Soul Album
4. Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
5. Eddie Floyd - I’ve Never Found A Girl
6. Johnnie Taylor - Raw Blues
7. William Bell - Phases Of Reality
8. Albert King - I’ll Play The Blues For You

As far as packaging, the box was packed well and looks great. Spinning first record...cut hot and sounds great.

To me, they’ve ironed out the Anthology kinks and am happy with the set.

I truly hope others have the same experience.

One thing that a company that paid attention to small details (so not VMP) would have done is give the same number to repeat anthology members. Would be nice.
I don’t like the idea of that......feels unoriginal in my opinion! I’d much rather just the random numbering, as it’s more natural!

One thing that a company that paid attention to small details (so not VMP) would have done is give the same number to repeat anthology members. Would be nice.

It wouldn't work because the Anthology sets were pressed in different quantities. There were 500 copies of the Ghostly Anthology set for instance, while the Blue Note Anthology had 1000 copies. What if your number was higher than 500 for the Blue Note set and you also bought the Ghostly Anthology?

Apologies if this has been posted already...but here are the records in the Stax Anthology...

1. Booker T & The MG’s - Soul Dressing
2. Sam & Dave - Hold On I’m Comin’
3. Otis Redding - The Soul Album
4. Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
5. Eddie Floyd - I’ve Never Found A Girl
6. Johnnie Taylor - Raw Blues
7. William Bell - Phases Of Reality
8. Albert King - I’ll Play The Blues For You

As far as packaging, the box was packed well and looks great. Spinning first record...cut hot and sounds great.

To me, they’ve ironed out the Anthology kinks and am happy with the set.

I truly hope others have the same experience.

Would have loved an Isaac Hayes LP to have made the list, but I'm not complaining. He's all over some of the other records as a session player and writer anyway.

It wouldn't work because the Anthology sets were pressed in different quantities. There were 500 copies of the Ghostly Anthology set for instance, while the Blue Note Anthology had 1000 copies. What if your number was higher than 500 for the Blue Note set and you also bought the Ghostly Anthology?

I guess you're right

Back