Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Ouch! To be fair Manchester is big and vibrant enough that had you known the city and gone to the right place you’d have found a pub/club open all night. But yeah normal pubs were 10/10.30 back then. I was still living in Manchester back then, I was at the Saturday gig that weekend!
That's what it was. We were only 20. We had been there since the Friday and just didnt know where to go. We stayed in the worsley Marriott so went back there and thankfully got some bar service. Not sure if it's the Saturday or Sunday gig that oasis put on dvd but I thought the show was quality 👌🏼

That's what it was. We were only 20. We had been there since the Friday and just didnt know where to go. We stayed in the worsley Marriott so went back there and thankfully got some bar service. Not sure if it's the Saturday or Sunday gig that oasis put on dvd but I thought the show was quality 👌🏼

It was the Saturday one, because liam was wearing that “interesting” shorts, red leather jacket, floppy hat combo at our gig lmao!

Ouch Worsely! That’s well out of the way! You’d have definitely got a good night out nearer the city, the northern quarter is pretty cool and has lots going down on Sundays too, gay district around Canal Street never sleeps and the bars/clubs around the Oxford Road student quarter are always open.

It was the Saturday one, because liam was wearing that “interesting” shorts, red leather jacket, floppy hat combo at our gig lmao!

Ouch Worsely! That’s well out of the way! You’d have definitely got a good night out nearer the city, the northern quarter is pretty cool and has lots going down on Sundays too, gay district around Canal Street never sleeps and the bars/clubs around the Oxford Road student quarter are always open.
We had no idea what we were doing clearly 😂 we only stayed there cause it was a top hotel & my mates sister got it for us, 3 nights for 50 pound 4 of us in the room 😂😂😂 to be young again 😥😂

We had no idea what we were doing clearly 😂 we only stayed there cause it was a top hotel & my mates sister got it for us, 3 nights for 50 pound 4 of us in the room 😂😂😂 to be young again 😥😂

Yeah Worsely is really nice, plenty of the footballers live there. It isn’t fun though haha!

Yeah Worsely is really nice, plenty of the footballers live there. It isn’t fun though haha!
They actually had tonnes of signed jerseys from clubs all over Europe. It was the away teams go to hotel for years at the time they said

Is the price still unknown?

BN was $280 for 6LPs pre-discount, so I think the pre-discount price on this will be $320. So minus $80, sizeable discount to be fair, most people will likely be looking at $240 for 8 records.

Based on the video, I think two of those eight will be The Supremes - Where Did Out Love Go and Syreeta - Syreeta.

We'll find out tomorrow.

BN was $280 for 6LPs pre-discount, so I think the pre-discount price on this will be $320. So minus $80, sizeable discount to be fair, most people will likely be looking at $240 for 8 records.

Based on the video, I think two of those eight will be The Supremes - Where Did Out Love Go and Syreeta - Syreeta.

We'll find out tomorrow.

I would love to get out at $200. Wasn't planning to purchase but at $25 a pop... might talk myself into it.

I love the box art for that so much. I wish it was more affordable. I got the Ray Charles box set for $60, the ZZ Top box set for $100, the freakin' AAA Bob Dylan Box goes for $140. This looks impressive, but for being a pure blind buy mystery box, I'm not gonna dish out over $300 or even $200. Motown was a singles label until the 70s anyway, the 60s Motown LPs were okay but had a lot of filler for the most part.

We'll find out tomorrow.

Bearing in mind this is mowtown and how mowtown usually price their records this is insanely expensive! Like over $100 more ($200 $25x8) than I’d expect the records alone to be priced and just shy of $240 ($30x8) what I’d expect the records with good extras (these will be poor, I don’t trust storf or VMP to deliver content).

So with the same level of content as what was reported with blue note anything over $200 is highway robbery!

Back