Vinyl Accessories?

• Thread starter Black Sheep Audio
  • Start date
All black Michell Reflex Clamp on my VPI. $50 shipped on sale from Artech. It is smaller than I thought would be. After first listen seems to do a good job at stabilizing the image and soundstage, more solid low end, darker background. I'm sure it will do a good job flattening records slightly warped as well.

View attachment 90635

View attachment 90636
Just don’t push down on the clamp too hard when placing it on the record. Save that bearing.

@JohnnyCashFan no, I don't ever use a washer. Again, I go back to unnecessary wear on the bearing when pushing down hard enough to flatten a warp with the Michell. Me former VPI table clamp screwed on and, therefore, didn't put any undue pressure on the bearing. I learned the hard way about scarring bearings a long time ago with a SOTA reflex clamp on a Sonographe table. That clamp maybe would have worked without extra pushing down on it but I was overzealous trying to get all little warps out of a record. YMMV

My little maintenance project tonight. Not knowing if my used table has ever been lubricated Harry at VPI recommeds using Super Lube once a year on the platter bearing, arm bearing and motor. Super affordable at the hardware store or Amz (3-$4). But check with the manufacturer of your table first to see what they recommend.

61aNkjTyL+L._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:
The best thing for cleaning your records before playing them. $19.00 and can be rewash.

That’s just bad info.

The first revolution is ok, I guess. After that you are rolling dust and dirt from previous revolutions back over the record.

I’ve tried one and it also left a residue on the record that can’t be removed. You can’t hear it, so I guess it’s ok, but I’d never recommend a roller.

Record cleaning has been mystified on YouTube because these guys are shills for every company that offers a “cleaning product.” Just get a vacuum machine or UltraSonic cleaner, both are available affordably now (the latter via DIY), everything else is just moving debris around at best.

That’s just bad info.

The first revolution is ok, I guess. After that you are rolling dust and dirt from previous revolutions back over the record.

I’ve tried one and it also left a residue on the record that can’t be removed. You can’t hear it, so I guess it’s ok, but I’d never recommend a roller.
I roll them with no background noise, no pops. Yes, l clean my records maybe that’s the reason the roller works well for me.

I roll them with no background noise, no pops. Yes, l clean my records maybe that’s the reason the roller works well for me.
Oh
That’s just bad info.

some turntables are better than other and some are noisy because of the setup is a little off.

The quality of the turntable or poor setup has nothing to do with improper record care.
Improper setup will damage records as well the cartridge. So you get damage records. Every audiophile knows that fact. Proper setup is part of record care.

I've been having a hella static issue this winter and my regular method (combo of wet clean and carbon fibre anti-static brush) wasn't totally working. I thought Zerostat but they just seem to be an unreliable, expensive option. I had a Sleeve City discount code so I bit on one of the Thunderon brushes.

I'll be damned.

This thing totally works.

I've been having a hella static issue this winter and my regular method (combo of wet clean and carbon fibre anti-static brush) wasn't totally working. I thought Zerostat but they just seem to be an unreliable, expensive option. I had a Sleeve City discount code so I bit on one of the Thunderon brushes.

I'll be damned.

Good to hear. Is it one that has a ground wire attached?

This one from Amazon seems to work fairly well, though I wouldn't say I have a bad static problem, so not sure how it would handle that.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV

Good to hear. Is it one that has a ground wire attached?

This one from Amazon seems to work fairly well, though I wouldn't say I have a bad static problem, so not sure how it would handle that.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV
It uses your body as the ground. Sounds totally goofy, but it works. With my old one, it would help reduce pops but I could hear the static when I took it off the platter. This one - nothing at all.

I'll be damned.

I have one of those too, and I totally agree.

That’s just bad info.

18DCEEAC-72FF-4C0F-9630-2FC51B29C5E2.jpeg
sam knows his stuff! 🤣🤣🤣

Back