Vintage Furniture - The “In Love With Old Wood Things” Thread

I'm going to offload your pictures and steal this because if you took the 2nd pic, put a small spice closet next to the door frame to the left of the oven, switched the oven and fridge positions, and put a pantry next to the right of the fridge, you'd have my kitchen design exactly. On the first picture, enlarge the window and put a column where your wedge counter is and that's also how our kitchen looks. You actually just gave me a great idea to get more counter room in our kitchen.
I'm gunna blow your mind...
Screenshot_20210625-215041_Chrome.jpg
Spice rack bro.

Nabbed this on CL about 10 years ago for $300 I think. Love the tambor doors. Used to serve as our bar, but it's now slumming it as the kids toy catch all. It's a Drexel piece of unknown vintage. Put it anywhere in the house and that room just got a lot cooler.

Likely the oldest piece of furniture in the house, and also the piece that will last the longest. Dovetailed drawers and nary a screw to be found. Wax it every so often and you're set.
20210625_205517.jpg
20210625_205632.jpg

Saw this at an antique store and tried to talk my wife into it but she isn’t a fan. I thought they were really cool.
View attachment 103822
love those dimensional pyramid doors. guessing early 70s walnut, but can't place the exact style- reminds me of some of the United Furniture pieces.

my place is in moving shambles right now, some of my pieces don't have the drawers back in them yet, but here's a fun little wood + brass lamp I picked up from an estate sale for photo tax.

IMG_8675.jpg

Went to Brimfield antiques fair this weekend (as is an annual tradition in my family). It’s a mile long of vendors selling all sorts of stuff. There’s tons of mid century stuff but most of it is priced way too high now. We did manage to get a womb chair though, which is possibly the comfiest chair ever.

828265C3-343A-4EEF-AECB-6E0B54A010CA.jpeg

Went to Brimfield antiques fair this weekend (as is an annual tradition in my family). It’s a mile long of vendors selling all sorts of stuff. There’s tons of mid century stuff but most of it is priced way too high now. We did manage to get a womb chair though, which is possibly the comfiest chair ever.

View attachment 105969
That chair is heavenly.

View attachment 105969
oh wow, and the fabric looks in good shape. is it a Knoll with the og boucle???

good grab either way.

oh wow, and the fabric looks in good shape. is it a Knoll with the og boucle???

good grab either way.
Yea fabric is in surprisingly good shape. A little faded in one or two spots. But it does appear to be a Knoll boucle fabric. Hard to tell how old the chair is or if it’s a legit one. There’s no tag on it anymore but the dimensions seem to match which I know is typically an indication that it’s legit. A lot of the knockoffs have different heights and sizes. Either way it’s a real comfy chair that was cheaper than most newer arm chairs we had been looking at.

Bought this vintage credenza to replace a set of Billy bookshelves in our basement. *slaps walnut* You can fit so many board games in this bad boy.

nice one! that place seems to have a lotta nice stuff. they have the rocking chair i really want one day...

nice one! that place seems to have a lotta nice stuff. they have the rocking chair i really want one day...
The rocking chair with the teal pillows? I wanted to buy it but we have no place for it. :censored:

PegLeg is great. The folks running it are just really enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and will talk your ear off. I recommend them unreservedly.

The rocking chair with the teal pillows? I wanted to buy it but we have no place for it. :censored:

PegLeg is great. The folks running it are just really enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and will talk your ear off. I recommend them unreservedly.
That’s the one. Sadly I’m in NY so probably not worth it even if they ship. I had my sights on a mid century rocker awhile ago and it was out of my price range at the time.

I might drive down to Maryland to visit my bro at some point this summer though and if so I may swing by there on the way back!

This is not really vintage furniture but I just had to say we finally got new couches for the first time in 17 years, the length of time we've been in this house for the den where we watch TV and my wife works remotely. It's like we have an entirely new den. Got an L shaped sectional in blue and a new area rug to go under it. It really matches the art deco Chicago motif of our den. We have some old World's Fair and 1930s era prints on our walls. My wife did a great job coordinating it. The family is sitting/laying on the new couch right now. We've been slowly updating our house as it's really showing its age. It was built in 1955 and has a lot of late 90s renovations that we're slowing undoing and bring more modern. Things like new light fixtures. We're about to redo both bathrooms later this year.

This is not really vintage furniture but I just had to say we finally got new couches for the first time in 17 years, the length of time we've been in this house for the den where we watch TV and my wife works remotely. It's like we have an entirely new den. Got an L shaped sectional in blue and a new area rug to go under it. It really matches the art deco Chicago motif of our den. We have some old World's Fair and 1930s era prints on our walls. My wife did a great job coordinating it. The family is sitting/laying on the new couch right now. We've been slowly updating our house as it's really showing its age. It was built in 1955 and has a lot of late 90s renovations that we're slowing undoing and bring more modern. Things like new light fixtures. We're about to redo both bathrooms later this year.
I’m a huge fan of an L-shaped couch. When I moved in with my girlfriend (now wife), that was the first thing we bought together.

Our house is really old and we are slowly updating things as well. It was built in 1870 and we are somehow only the 4th people to own it. The kitchen is an extension that was built in the 1990s and it really shows on the inside. That’s probably our next huge project inside. But it’s been fun getting “new” old furniture since we moved from a 1 bedroom apartment into a 4 bedroom house. Hard not to want to buy everything at once until we look at our bank statements haha

Ooooh fantastic thread, thanks for making it @Joe Mac.

Early on in my career I was planning on becoming a cabinet maker until I switched to Architecture. I made a few bits of furniture very early on but haven't had the chance for years what with us living in a flat.

Heres a few bits of furniture that we have bought. Photos are old but it's still the same stuff. A 1960's Danish coffee table that we picked up at an antique store in Central London and a restored dressing table with a matching piano stool. Really liked the shape of these 2.

gi5t1gz2t0l11.jpeg
IMG_4204.jpg

Ooooh fantastic thread, thanks for making it @Joe Mac.

Early on in my career I was planning on becoming a cabinet maker until I switched to Architecture. I made a few bits of furniture very early on but haven't had the chance for years what with us living in a flat.

Heres a few bits of furniture that we have bought. Photos are old but it's still the same stuff. A 1960's Danish coffee table that we picked up at an antique store in Central London and a restored dressing table with a matching piano stool. Really liked the shape of these 2.

View attachment 106258
View attachment 106260

I love the lines of that coffee table!

Back