Upcoming/Recent Shows

Another great Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit show at the Amphitheater in Bend. Had seats in the 5th row which were perfect. This band just rips, and was super excited to see Will Johnson in the band playing multiple instruments. Fantastic weekend for my gals birthday. Got a nice 7 miler with 1800 feet of elevation gain in, along with some golf too. Can't beat Central Oregon!

A6E983E8-0B8A-4975-9E90-C79E5466C26E.jpegIMG_9898.jpeg

And, don't you all love when an artists plays your first favorite song?
Neil Young ~ Rady Shell San Diego 7/11

Maybe not my first favorite song, but you mean like Neil Young opening his solo show with I'm The Ocean? A song I've waited almost 30 years to hear live? And then plays two additional tracks from Mirrorball AND 3 songs from Sleeps with Angels? Loved it.

Really enjoyable show with Neil last night - the fact that he's touring at all is really surprising to me given his covid concerns and stance on fossil fuels. He was in great voice, moved around a lot (played guitar, a few different pianos, pump organ), and was more engaged with the audience then I've seen previously. He's obviously enjoying being back out on the road.

And the fact that he did play a bunch of deep cuts, and only a few of the "hits" (much to the disappointment of the guy behind me loudly singing / hoping for Cinnamon Girl after every song ended) made for special show.

IMG_1420.jpeg

Maybe not my first favorite song, but you mean like Neil Young opening his solo show with I'm The Ocean? A song I've waited almost 30 years to hear live? And then plays two additional tracks from Mirrorball AND 3 songs from Sleeps with Angels? Loved it.

Really enjoyable show with Neil last night - the fact that he's touring at all is really surprising to me given his covid concerns and stance on fossil fuels. He was in great voice, moved around a lot (played guitar, a few different pianos, pump organ), and was more engaged with the audience then I've seen previously. He's obviously enjoying being back out on the road.

And the fact that he did play a bunch of deep cuts, and only a few of the "hits" (much to the disappointment of the guy behind me loudly singing / hoping for Cinnamon Girl after every song ended) made for special show.

View attachment 177562
As someone who has never seen Neil Young I would want to hear the hits but he made it perfectly clear that this was a different sort of tour where he was going to play deep cuts. That dude needs to do some research!

As someone who has never seen Neil Young I would want to hear the hits but he made it perfectly clear that this was a different sort of tour where he was going to play deep cuts. That dude needs to do some research!
And he even contradicted himself on this stance too, which is very Neil. He explicitly said in the tour announcement:

Young spoke about the shift from fan favorites to less-played numbers, adding, “I don’t want to come back and do the same songs again.” He continued, “I’ll feel like I was on some sort of carnival ride. I’d rather be doing these other songs I haven’t done… I won’t have to compare how I’m doing ‘Heart of Gold’ to [how I played it in] 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2020.”

What did he close the main set with? Heart of Gold :)

View attachment 177562

"Song X" and "Prime of Life"... outstanding!

Haven't posted in here for a while, though I've been following. I have a lot to recap since February...

Last night, I saw Coco & Clair Clair perform their brand of zoomer-centric cloud rap/bedroom pop. Enjoyed their album Sexy from last year, but I think I'm not quite in their target demographic. They included a cover of Dido's "White Flag" which fit their asthetic well, to my surprise. What is it with the short set though? Only 45min total including encore.

20230723_211107.jpg20230723_213621.jpg20230723_212758.jpg

Some video of last song "Pop Star" before encore of two songs, with a "Tom's Diner" lead-in from Clair Clair. Her voice is a bit rough on their own song here:

A handful of shows from this month:

Julia Jacklin
CYplXYV.jpg

Sunflower Bean
lVdChin.jpg

Maggie Rogers
MTqH7uM.png

Saw Kara Jackson and Julia Jacklin tonight. Kara could sing me the phone book and I would be happy. Julia was tired and kept having to start over on songs but she still was really good.
View attachment 179118
View attachment 179119
Oooh, I didn't realize Kara was opening. Still wouldn't have made it. Three shows in three weeks would have been a hard sell to the wife, even if show #2 was cancelled.

Last night in Philly. The Beths / The National night 2. Fantastic show - great setlist. Was so happy to get Lucky You for the first time in over a decade. Matt threw his cup to my husband - first show for me in a long time that I wasn't in GA, but we had our fave seats in the venue, in the Grande Salle Box closest to the stage. Apparently, we were quite enthusiastic as many friends texted and said "I see you guys rocking out" Haha... Great night all around, I'm a bit sad that I'm not in New Haven right now in the GA queue, but I'm getting too old for this crap. 😄

IMG_9066.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9083.jpeg

IMG_9084.jpeg

Next Blossom Music Center Lawn Pass show tonight was Mudvayne. I knew I wasn't going to make it for the whole thing, but GWAR was opening so I just had to go for that much.

Butcher Babies were up first. I'm not saying they were bad, but they weren't good. Interesting cover of Saweetie's "Best Friend" though.

PXL_20230804_213613156.jpg

Nonpoint was up next. Actually not bad.

PXL_20230804_223002752.jpg

Finally, GWAR! Let's see... An execution of Rootin' Tootin' Vladimir Putin, first cutting off his hands and then fully disemboweling him. Next, naughty activities with a physical embodiment of Chat GPT. And so much more. Wow, to be in the front row would have been...wet.

PXL_20230804_231910684.MP.jpg
PXL_20230804_231915264.jpg

Then I got the heck outta there. Early night!

Next Blossom Music Center Lawn Pass show tonight was Mudvayne. I knew I wasn't going to make it for the whole thing, but GWAR was opening so I just had to go for that much.

Butcher Babies were up first. I'm not saying they were bad, but they weren't good. Interesting cover of Saweetie's "Best Friend" though.

View attachment 179365

Nonpoint was up next. Actually not bad.

View attachment 179366

Finally, GWAR! Let's see... An execution of Rootin' Tootin' Vladimir Putin, first cutting off his hands and then fully disemboweling him. Next, naughty activities with a physical embodiment of Chat GPT. And so much more. Wow, to be in the front row would have been...wet.

View attachment 179367
View attachment 179368

Then I got the heck outta there. Early night!
ha ha...I just came across an old stash of concert tickets and GWAR was in there....

but more than anything I'm blown away by ticket prices back in the day...I can't believe I paid $13 to see RATM and $17.50 to see TOOL 🤯
PXL_20230806_155641611.MP.jpg

Next up: 50 Cent with Busta Rhymes and Jeremih
I gotta say, 50 killed it. Super impressed and he had a live backing band.

PXL_20230807_010658308.MP.jpg

Busta played off his legacy pretty hard. Didn't really say more than 1 line at a time and leaned heavily into his supports. Then he hyped up when he finally spit a few extended lines. Respect the dude but don't need to go out of my way to see him again.

PXL_20230807_001702122.jpg

Wasn't very familiar with Jeremih but he was enjoyable enough. Played Birthday Sex during his own set and also came out and played it again during 50's set.

PXL_20230806_231702626.jpg

Back