UK Members

So this is what I did on this sunny day - 127 records cleaned in a day...and I now have a ZERO backlog..also worked out I’ve brought over 300 albums this year ..no wonder I’m skint ..so going to see if I can drastically reduce the purchasing for the next 6 months .. cold turkey time

View attachment 8816
Out of interest, how does the spin clean work? Do you put a special liquid in there and it rotates the record through a submerged brush or something? I have a ton of 'dirty' records which I have shamefully just been cleaning with a wet cloth, drying, then wiping thoroughly with an anti-static cloth. Still gets that unwanted crackle on some though

Out of interest, how does the spin clean work? Do you put a special liquid in there and it rotates the record through a submerged brush or something? I have a ton of 'dirty' records which I have shamefully just been cleaning with a wet cloth, drying, then wiping thoroughly with an anti-static cloth. Still gets that unwanted crackle on some though

It comes with a cleaning solution, that you put a capful onto two pads that the records slip inbetween, add distilled water and away you go... you can buy replacement fluid thru amazon, but a capful does about 30-50 records depending on how dirty they are . I normally change water and refill with clean water and fluid every 45 records as my drying rack holds 15 .. I did what you did before getting this and it’s a much better way of deep cleaning , fluid comes in diff sizes but my bottles tend to last a couple of years for £25ish , distilled water is cheap as chips on amazon , I buy the stuff for car batteries and irons etc

It’s the BEST record accessory I’ve ever brought outside of my cartridge upgrade..it has rescued albums that had skips and jumps , and makes a 50 year old record sound new..can’t defeat scratches but that’s about it. And relatively cheap compared to a proper cleaning machine (£70 vs £400+) ..listening to an orig Cream Wheels of Fire that looked a bit messy but took a punt for £8 and it’s sounding good as new after a clean

It comes with a cleaning solution, that you put a capful onto two pads that the records slip inbetween, add distilled water and away you go... you can buy replacement fluid thru amazon, but a capful does about 30-50 records depending on how dirty they are . I normally change water and refill with clean water and fluid every 45 records as my drying rack holds 15 .. I did what you did before getting this and it’s a much better way of deep cleaning , fluid comes in diff sizes but my bottles tend to last a couple of years for £25ish , distilled water is cheap as chips on amazon , I buy the stuff for car batteries and irons etc

It’s the BEST record accessory I’ve ever brought outside of my cartridge upgrade..it has rescued albums that had skips and jumps , and makes a 50 year old record sound new..can’t defeat scratches but that’s about it. And relatively cheap compared to a proper cleaning machine (£70 vs £400+) ..listening to an orig Cream Wheels of Fire that looked a bit messy but took a punt for £8 and it’s sounding good as new after a clean

This is a great review. Damn you. I’ve just been paid. Must resist.

So this is what I did on this sunny day - 127 records cleaned in a day...and I now have a ZERO backlog..also worked out I’ve brought over 300 albums this year ..no wonder I’m skint ..so going to see if I can drastically reduce the purchasing for the next 6 months .. cold turkey time

View attachment 8816
That’s some buying spree!

I'm going to be in Manchester at the end of the week, any record shopping recommendations from anyone?

Piccadilly Records and across the road to Vinyl Exchange. One or two others also nearby. Think it’s Tib St - 5mins from Piccadilly
Ta!

Used to buy from Vinyl Exchange on eBay quite a bit back in the day so about time I made the pilgrimage!

Have any of you VMP members got this months package yet? My tracking still shows it in the US.

Back