UK Members

My mate lives in nottingham and I always save an afternoon to visit all the record shops, they're brilliant! Such a great selection!
Yep - Forever records and Rough Trade are the two in the city centre I visit most. There are others also and a few a little further out. Plus there’s a good store in Lincoln, Leicester and a small one in Grantham, plus a stall at the market in Stamford. So a decent selection to get stuck into!

Yep - Forever records and Rough Trade are the two in the city centre I visit most. There are others also and a few a little further out. Plus there’s a good store in Lincoln, Leicester and a small one in Grantham, plus a stall at the market in Stamford. So a decent selection to get stuck into!

There are a couple up in Hockley that I go in if I’m ever in Notts but I have not idea what they are called. I usually let google guide me now haha! I used to live in Selectadisk back in the day!

There are a couple up in Hockley that I go in if I’m ever in Notts but I have not idea what they are called. I usually let google guide me now haha! I used to live in Selectadisk back in the day!
Im a fan of Forever Records. Its a tiny little place down a side street near the center but they stock a decent selection at a decent price. Plates is a pretty cool spot, they cut dubplates and have a radio station on site, a bit pricey but cool to check out.

One place I keep trying to visit (but its been closed EVERY time I visit) is Robs Records. My mate went last weekend and said its enough to give you anxiety, its literally a record hoarders spoils. Mountains of records just dumped and stacked everywhere. He sent me a photo where a pile had fallen and there was a hidden door behind it. Rob said that it leads to another room full of records. Madness

guys, a request for the UK team...
would it be possible to put a link to the International PIF thread at the top of this thread?
It would be nice to catch more interest and get more contributors
No idea how thats done but I cant see why anyone would have an objection to it.

@ByersVinyl is that something you are able to do seeing as you set up the thread?

Hey guys, I just saw this on IG and thought some you might be interested:

Screenshot_20190531-211420.jpg

I'm in London all week (Covent Garden, specifically) if anyone wants to grab a drink? I'll be free most evenings from 5pm onwards.

I'm in London all week (Covent Garden, specifically) if anyone wants to grab a drink? I'll be free most evenings from 5pm onwards.
I was going to be in London for a flying visit on Wed, but not anymore I'm afraid. I was down last week...or the week before. Can't remember now!

Is it worth starting a UK and Ireland bargain online finds thread? I never used to bother on the old forum because I try not to order from US sites because of the extra shipping costs and risks of damage/loss. But a slightly more localised bargain thread could be good? I won’t be offended if the idea is shot down though, Christ knows I need to cut down on spending.

Is it worth starting a UK and Ireland bargain online finds thread? I never used to bother on the old forum because I try not to order from US sites because of the extra shipping costs and risks of damage/loss. But a slightly more localised bargain thread could be good? I won’t be offended if the idea is shot down though, Christ knows I need to cut down on spending.
the online vinyl deals thread has often posts related to EU-friendly sites offers.
I think personally that creating a separate one for UK/Ireland and/or Europe would be redundant and result in minimal traffic.

the online vinyl deals thread has often posts related to EU-friendly sites offers.
I think personally that creating a separate one for UK/Ireland and/or Europe would be redundant and result in minimal traffic.

Sad but true - I often go looking on the Online deals tho - In fact it got me hooked up with Amazons Kate Bush boxset offer !

Back