Tool

Maybe... but I can't/won't pay it. It's getting ludicrous, and by paying it, people are enabling it.

Looks like Upper Level in Philadelphia are $101.50 after fees.

I feel really lucky that I got to take Tool off my bucketlist in the summer of 2017 by attending their LA show with Primus and the Melvins. And by LA I mean-- I drove all the way out to the portion of desert suburbia known for its meth problem. Worth it though because it was a) a great show and b) cost $30 plus taxes or something ridiculous like that

Also, I can't stop listening to Fear Inoculum. Like it is now firmly in my top 3 of their work. And *huge* might eventually pass Aenima to sit underneath Lateralus as my second favorite Tool album.

Last edited:
I agree that this album has an addictive quality about it. It's hard to pin down, but I think it's something like the idea that the 7 tracks feel closer to 20-25 tracks based on their number of various rifs and transitions. It's been a long time since I remember an album being this massive while still feeling very tight and concise.

This hit my email yesterday:

1569076686541.png

Commish
It’s come to our attention that a small number of Tool Army Exclusive VIP Packages have made it into the hands of non-Tool Army Members.
We are aware that during the Tool Army VIP Package pre-sale last week, the ticketing embed on a gated / members-only page was compromised and shared on Reddit, allowing a small number of non-TA members the ability to buy VIP Packages reserved for Tool Army members.
We value our members and want to do what we can to ensure that all Tool Army member exclusive offers stay within the Army.
As a result, we will be cancelling the orders placed by non-members and releasing that inventory so that Tool Army members have their fair chance at these packages.
These VIP Packages will go back on sale this Monday, September 23rd at 12pm local time and will be limited to members who had joined the Tool Army prior to 1pm PT on September 4th.
To help ensure these packages go to members only, purchases will require an active membership and unique password. Each order will need to be under the name of an active Tool Army member.
Any order that does not meet this criteria will be voided and returned back to inventory.
Anyone who joined the Tool Army after this date or any Tool Army members who have already purchased packages will not be issued a code.
YOUR UNIQUE PASSCODE IS: NOT HERE BECAUSE THAT JUST WOULDN'T BE RIGHT
*This page will not be available until 12PM EST on September 23rd.

Got that as well. I’m not going to go for it, but I think it’s a little frustrating they didn’t even say what cities would have tickets again. I imagine these will be gone in seconds.

Maybe... but I can't/won't pay it. It's getting ludicrous, and by paying it, people are enabling it.

Looks like Upper Level in Philadelphia are $101.50 after fees.
I got upper level seats in NOLA. They were going for $63--so add about $20 for fees. The floor seats and seats in the lower levels were $148.

I had to pay $140 for mid level tickets to their San Diego show. I cry.

One of the few bands where that $ is worth it though. After getting shut out of the LA shows last month, I am beyond excited to be seeing them for the 6th time in January.

Agreed, prices were def high, paid $122 for upper level seats right below the benches including fees... I live close enough to SDSU that I can usually get over and get tix without fees, but wasn't going to risk it with this show.

View attachment 22996

Taken by a friend. He video’d the whole show, too.

He video'd the whole show even with all the threats that he'd be kicked out if he was caught? Bold move! I usually hate when artists have no-camera shows, but I ended up really appreciating it here. Cause I know that without the policy then everyone standing directly in front of me would have also filmed the entire show cause that's just how my luck goes lol

Question for anyone that made it to this tour so far - was the show just what it look like? The band in front of huge video screens playing clips from their videos + a few lasers?

Question for anyone that made it to this tour so far - was the show just what it look like? The band in front of huge video screens playing clips from their videos + a few lasers?

There was also a beaded curtain sort of thing across the front of the stage that they projected the visuals on to at times, and the star moved around some. But yeah, that pretty much sums it up (not that I mean it as a bad thing, it was still an excellent show)

There was also a beaded curtain sort of thing across the front of the stage that they projected the visuals on to at times, and the star moved around some. But yeah, that pretty much sums it up (not that I mean it as a bad thing, it was still an excellent show)
Oh, ok. They did the front screen for APC's last tour. I did like that. Glad they did something other than just video screens. I'm honestly getting a little bored with that at shows. Seems like 8 out of 10 studio tours is a video screen and bands playing in front of the mega glowing screen.

It makes me really appreciate shows with a little more flair and props. Not saying video screen should go away, but it just feels like modern set design is planning the video sequence and tossing in a few lasers and colored moving head lights at most. Given how many tickets are pushing $150+ I tend to be disappointed by a video screen performance in an stadium/arena. When I see a big screen in front of a flat stage, I'm usually a little let down inside before the show even starts.

It makes me really appreciate shows with a little more flair and props. Not saying video screen should go away, but it just feels like modern set design is planning the video sequence and tossing in a few lasers and colored moving head lights at most. Given how many tickets are pushing $150+ I tend to be disappointed by a video screen performance in an stadium/arena. When I see a big screen in front of a flat stage, I'm usually a little let down inside before the show even starts.

Yeah I know what you mean. They can do so much cool stuff with lights these days, it's a shame so many tours just go back to the old tried-and-true.

Yeah I know what you mean. They can do so much cool stuff with lights these days, it's a shame so many tours just go back to the old tried-and-true.
All in the name of profits I guess. I still love Tool, but honestly KISS has been the best stadium shows I've seen in 2019. Fire. Constantly evolving stage. Moving to a second stage in a manor that actually presents a small amount of danger. It blows my mind how they make every tour somehow even bigger than the last.

That's what I wanted from so many other bands, especially Metallica. But LED screens are the default for bands unfortunately. At least pop shows are doing something right, lol.

Sorry for the derail. Back to Tool. Anyone have any other speculations or tips on vinyl pressings? I gave into fomo and ordered the book version of the CD. Still hoping vinyl gets announced before Xmas.

Back