Tipitina’s Record Club

Very happy w/ Ernie K. Doe. My copy is flat and dead silent, and overall sound quality seems to be high (although I didn’t really have a chance to listen at volume and in an environment where I could evaluate that completely.

Most importantly, I dig the tunes. Great stuff.

Saw @Mack37 post the Ernie K. Doe elsewhere, and immediately signed up for 3 months! Getting Ernie, Dirty Dozen, and looks like Danny Barker is the February record. Wish I'd known about this club earlier to get in on the James Booker.
FWIW, I'm seeing copies of the Booker showing up in some indie stores today. Plaidroom had it but sold out already. I've never ordered from Red Yeti, but they seem to have it in-stock. You can get 10% off if you sign up for their email.

Got that Dirty Dozen with Dizzy record in the mail today, and I just gotta say...this club gets it right on all fronts.
Shipped with much care, record removed from the sleeve, bubble wrap and cardboard in the mailer.
And of course the picks, and sound quality are fantastic!
Can't wait to see what else is in being released in the coming months.

Got that Dirty Dozen with Dizzy record in the mail today, and I just gotta say...this club gets it right on all fronts.
Shipped with much care, record removed from the sleeve, bubble wrap and cardboard in the mailer.
Can't wait to see what else is in being released in the coming months.
This one specifically is fire on all fronts!

This one specifically is fire on all fronts!
Yes!! Mine just arrived and I put it on right after reading your comment, and I agree — straight fire. With volume up, it seems like Kirk Joseph is in my house.

I didn’t get to Nola until 1996 for Jazz Fest, and I didn’t know about the Glass House, so I started reading about it. This piece is worth checking out (and there’s good photos and videos) if you’re interested and don’t already know about it: The Glass House - New Orleans Music Map

I feel the same way. The only release that I haven’t loved is the Radiators (bad distortion on two copies for me). Hopefully they have plenty of good options for this next series . . . I’d be thrilled with (and surprised by) anything w/ Johnny V.

Yes!! Mine just arrived and I put it on right after reading your comment, and I agree — straight fire. With volume up, it seems like Kirk Joseph is in my house.

I didn’t get to Nola until 1996 for Jazz Fest, and I didn’t know about the Glass House, so I started reading about it. This piece is worth checking out (and there’s good photos and videos) if you’re interested and don’t already know about it: The Glass House - New Orleans Music Map
'96 was my first Jazz Fest and trip to Nola as well. Didn't make it to the Glass House, but did manage to catch The Meters at Tipitina's. Took my wife for a trip to Fest/Nola around 2004, but I'd say we are well overdue for another visit.

Anybody's Trombone Shorty shipped yet?
Mine has a tracking # created April 18th but hasn't reached a USPS facility yet.
I reached out to Tipitinas but thought I'd ask here too.

Mine has a tracking # created April 18th but hasn't reached a USPS facility yet.
Mine is in pre-shipment as well. I'm usually one of the first people to get my record because of my proximity to NOLA where it ships out from, but I've got nothing either.

Mine’s the same way. I know the official release date was 4/29 (Friday) so maybe they didn’t actually ship them before then? My local had the standard press available on Friday.

Back