Tipitina’s Record Club

I've had no issues with anything I've received. All flat, no issues with packaging that are Tipitina's fault (my Fess showed up looking like USPS ran over it but everything was good except for a corner crease on the jacket which added a little character), and all have sounded great.

For you fine folks who are subscribed...I see the packaging is great. Please tell us more about QC and sound. TIA.
QC is very good. The only real audio issues are those from the original source--some of this is live and doesn't always sound amazing. But the records themselves have arrived impeccable.

Same color or are these black?
This is the only preorder I've found so far and it just says colored indie exclusive.

I received James Booker "True - Live @ Tip's" today, and it is excellent, easily (imo) the best of the archival live releases -- factoring in recording quality, pressing quality, and his performance. The pressing itself is completely silent.

I also love the Professor Longhair release (the performance), but recording itself isn't great (for obvious reasons, so that's not a complaint, just an observation). I've received 2 copies of The Rads release, and, unfortunately, both are loaded with noise that sounds like pressing problems but may be in the recording.

I can't wait for the Dirty Dozen/Dizzy Gillespie release.

I received James Booker "True - Live @ Tip's" today, and it is excellent, easily (imo) the best of the archival live releases -- factoring in recording quality, pressing quality, and his performance. The pressing itself is completely silent.

I also love the Professor Longhair release (the performance), but recording itself isn't great (for obvious reasons, so that's not a complaint, just an observation). I've received 2 copies of The Rads release, and, unfortunately, both are loaded with noise that sounds like pressing problems but may be in the recording.

I can't wait for the Dirty Dozen/Dizzy Gillespie release.

I was really tempted by the Booker, but the international shipping factor killed those dreams, sadly.

For sheer "surprise and delight" this record club is just the absolute best. Great pressings, music that punches above expectations, shipped with care.

Each VMP release for me carries the mild anxiety of a bum pressing that over time (and repetition) has worn down the joy of the subscription.

This reminds me of what a subscription could be and has really delivered. Heck of a thing and I hope it holds to this great standard -- and grows because they sure deserve it.

Back