This Woman’s Work - The Kate Bush Thread

The Sensual World might be her most underrated album. Full of beautiful songs, the only negative I can think of it is that it isn’t The Dreaming or Hounds Of Love.
While I can appreciate this, I personally find the album a little bland. The production sounds disappointingly of-its-time and the songwriting isn't the most engaging or inventive of her career. Which isn't to say it's bad, it's a very well-built album, just that roughly half the album doesn't click with me the same way almost anything else in her discography does.

EDIT:Typed out the above and started to feel like no-one asked for my opinion and this post is a downer for no reason. Kate Bush is good.

While I can appreciate this, I personally find the album a little bland. The production sounds disappointingly of-its-time and the songwriting isn't the most engaging or inventive of her career. Which isn't to say it's bad, it's a very well-built album, just that roughly half the album doesn't click with me the same way almost anything else in her discography does.

EDIT:Typed out the above and started to feel like no-one asked for my opinion and this post is a downer for no reason. Kate Bush is good.

No need to edit. I appreciate your opinion and you’re not wrong, just i’ve Found this album has grown and grown whereas others have been instant.

No one ever asks for anyone’s opinion but the whole point of a community like this is that it’s a space where we can all give our own and agree and disagree. Also you have one of the more educated and interesting set of opinions so don’t ever apologise for them!

The Sensual World isn’t my favourite but it gets very little praise. I’m fine with late 80s production style and I find the overall smoothness pleasant. I suppose at this stage Kate was in a relationship, content and, indeed, sensual thus that erotic Molly Bloom inspired title track. It’s smooth and seductive, maybe in a more conventional way than her other releases, i’d Take it over The Director’s Cut versions. It’s no The Dreaming, The Kick Inside or what not but it has its own subtle charms, her catalogue has such richness and so many really stellar albums that only Hounds Of Love makes top albums of all time lists.

I have the CD box set of the first few studio albums up to Red Shoes-- and it's awesome. Really fantastic quality overall. I'm going to throw on the Sensual World later today. I'm not as familiar with it as I am with the others but I remember thinking it was "fine" the first time through.

And obviously, Hounds of Love is one of the best albums ever made.

The Sensual World isn’t my favourite but it gets very little praise. I’m fine with late 80s production style and I find the overall smoothness pleasant. I suppose at this stage Kate was in a relationship, content and, indeed, sensual thus that erotic Molly Bloom inspired title track. It’s smooth and seductive, maybe in a more conventional way than her other releases, i’d Take it over The Director’s Cut versions. It’s no The Dreaming, The Kick Inside or what not but it has its own subtle charms, her catalogue has such richness and so many really stellar albums that only Hounds Of Love makes top albums of all time lists.

It also has the song that gives this thread its name which is one of the most moving pieces of music put to tape!

The box sets are really cheap at the minute, which is the one to get? I only know the hits really

So recently listened to remaster of Hounds of Love and decided to get em all. Went w Amazon UK deal everyone seems to be doing and did box I-III. Are the albums contained in each box the same as you’d get if buying standalone albums. That is same jacket just inside box?

Back