This Woman’s Work - The Kate Bush Thread

How are those KB remasters? Worth it?

They’re all excellently done. If you have ogs, particularly European, I don’t know if I’d upgrade because 80s EMI pressings are pretty stellar but they’re definitely up there with the best of the modern remasters!

Yeah they definitely make it easier to start a KB collection or fill holes. Some of the OGs could be difficult/expensive to track down. And the fourth box compiled singles/b-sides/covers that are great for the hard core fans.

Ive been on a Kate Binge (alongside Tom Waits and Bob Dylan) oh and Van Morrison. Anyone have opinions on the Live Box Set. ”Before the Dawn” Ive nearly pressed the button on it many times ! Is the pressing good ?

IMO it's a beautiful set with some great art and booklet with photos from the shows but not essential if you have other gaps in a KB collection. Previously it was great for having Endless Sky of Honey on vinyl because Aerial was prohibitively expensive. I don't find myself listening to it as much. Just my $0.02.

It’s great! Pressings can be a little noisy but if you get from Amazon you can return or try a couple out to make up a good set .
Ive been on a Kate Binge (alongside Tom Waits and Bob Dylan) oh and Van Morrison. Anyone have opinions on the Live Box Set. ”Before the Dawn” Ive nearly pressed the button on it many times ! Is the pressing good ?

How are those KB remasters? Worth it?
MW3ZOdK.png

Something @kafunis said though did remind me of something - if you find you got a noisy copy first listen, play it a couple of more times and see if it clears up - I had a couple, particularly The Dreaming through The Sensual World - the running theme being printed inners - where they were so static-y that even after a wash crackles were found to the point of being unlistenable, but had cleared up to the point of perfection by play three or four.

Some people don't feel for it, arguing a lot of the versions are too close to the album versions. To me though there are a lot of tracks that are decidedly better - “King of the Mountain,” “Prologue,” - even a couple I dare not mention. But really, the whole thing is an experience, something to listen to in the dark and feel things. Also some people think Bertie's presence is nepotism and are thusly turned off, but I don't read it that way. Supposedly him prodding was a main drive for getting her to do it, so I'm willing to put up with it and I don't think his voice is bad. This is all leaving aside the point that KB albums are notoriously family affairs, including on some level pretty much every close friend or relative at some time or another.

Also, it's easily one of the best sounding things I have. On top of being impossibly well recorded for a live album, I don't have a single other album in my collection that I want to play louder. It's a fantastic mark of mastering when an album sounds better the more you turn it up, and it never hurts. This is one of those.

GO FOR IT if you're willing to spend that much on a Kate Bush live album, and considering you're here…

running up that hill is one of my fave songs all time....gives me goosebumps when i hear it, i dont know why.

I don't think there's a place where this song wouldn't say something. One could read it as a love song, but to me it's so much more, if that's possible. I'm not the sort of person to say any artist - any artist I love so completely, no less - has one “best” song, but…

Last edited:
I’m still salty my eBay box set order was cancelled
I'm still surprised mine went through.

But, I gotta be honest...I haven't listened yet. It came right before I took a vacation, and since I've gotten back I've been mostly playing new albums over and over when I have time. But, finally, this weekend, I'm diving into the whole thing.

Back