Third Man Records Vault

mine came last week, but i haven't had a chance to sit down with it - i got the first one of these they did for the self titled, but didn't grab De Stijl or White BLood Cells and now I might go discogs hunting and just grab them all
Yeah, I'm just keeping my eyes peeled on Discogs, but everything is significantly more than retail at the moment, so I'll just sit back and wait.

That being said...if anyone doesn't really want this...hit me up!

mine came last week, but i haven't had a chance to sit down with it - i got the first one of these they did for the self titled, but didn't grab De Stijl or White BLood Cells and now I might go discogs hunting and just grab them all
I'm the opposite! Skipped self-titled but got the other two. Maybe I'll be also do the completionist thing? Who knows...

Look what arrived yesterday without a shipping notice... Haven't spun yet, but very excited to do so.

View attachment 172276
I got mine last week and listened to it over the weekend. It does sound different being in mono and everything. I really love the studio chatter you can hear left in between the tracks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only studio albums that have received any kind of vault treatment are Icky Thump (twice, one mono) and Elephant (mono).

It's mostly demos and a live show iirc. Unessential.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only studio albums that have received any kind of vault treatment are Icky Thump (twice, one mono) and Elephant (mono).
This is why I came here for advice. Thanks to both of you. I'll just focus on Icky Thump then. Waded through the scam postings and got Elephant coming now, which I'm pretty excited about.

this one gets overlooked a lot and was pretty controversial when it came out because 1) it wasn't a Jack White band and 2) it's pretty short, but this is one of my most played vaults they've done. I always loved The Greenhornes and this session really strips back what they do and is just a super raw, in your face, good time. You can find it pretty cheap from time to time on Discogs or in the wild, but like all of the early Vaults, it's getting harder and harder.

Back