The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

I wish I could tell this to you guys in person....this tragedy. It happened on the patio of a golf course last night.
Recipient of this bottle had no idea what it was, had never heard of it. Giver of the bottle didn't either, a friend gave it to him. I'm like, you guys, that's like one of the grails. Within two minutes, I heard an awful sound....

Pliney.jpeg

I wish I could tell this to you guys in person....this tragedy. It happened on the patio of a golf course last night.
Recipient of this bottle had no idea what it was, had never heard of it. Giver of the bottle didn't either, a friend gave it to him. I'm like, you guys, that's like one of the grails. Within two minutes, I heard an awful sound....

View attachment 99501
nooooooo! tragedy.

damn, the first forum I was ever active on led me to some great beer swaps- a shipment of this was always 🔥

My daughter started working at Stone Brewery's Liberty Station restaurant a few weeks ago. Along with getting a growler refill every shift (loving the Hazy IPA), this showed up on the kitchen table yesterday morning as one of the perks of her job. Felt kind of like Christmas morning.

1621552979393.png

Yay, Notch's Taproom is once again open in Salem. And damn! With liters available this year!

Take a look at their draft list in the IG post above, and take a guess which beer has me excited and having to run out tomorrow just to have some.

The guy that brought that bottle of Pliney last week brought another last night, so I got a sample of this glorious IPA. And the guy that broke the Pliney brought a 2019 Dark Lord as atonement.

20210521_203818.jpg20210521_204208.jpg

Edit: Ha, just realized you can see him opening the DL through the cup of Pliney.

D̸̢̖̻̬̥̤̟̓̈́̓̐̃͗͐̑͆͘͝r̴̞̪͇͇̞͇̦̻͎̣̀ͅį̸̗̃̂̈́͆̐̔̈̎͑̔̋ņ̸͍̜̳̞̿̒̓́k̷̨͔̥͔̣̫̯̿̆͊͑̑̈̾̉͝i̷̢̢̝̘̜̫̣̞̣͇͓̇̋̄͐͜ņ̸͙̦̯̟̫̹̈́̏̈̀̚͠g̸̢͍̱̔͋̍͝͠ ̵̪͓̥̦̄͊̚͝͝ş̵̡̢̹̤̩̥͔͖̤͇̜̖͉̀̑̅͗͐̊͗̅͐͜ṍ̸̢̨̡̩̼͙͎̟̜̬̐̊͊̐̎̒̄͗͒͜ṁ̶̨̢̪̻́̑͑͘ḛ̶̅̐̍̌͐͂̕͝ ̸̰̻̲̦̮̻̮̳̖͇̝̍̇̚͜Ḇ̷̡̨̨̖̮̗̐̽̆o̶̥̯͋͊̌̄̅͛̒̐͊̆̊̈̂̊͠ơ̴̡̜͍͚̭̰̠̥̼͖̬̜͈͓̾͑̊̓̚̕ḿ̶͓͐̆͊͂̀̉͊̏͆́́̊͝ ̴̨̬̪͚͚̯̠̤̖̬͖̎̐̂͐̇̓͝S̸̡̯̙̭̲̙͕̼͇̘͚̗͎̟͐̌̽a̸̡̡͖͈͙̔̋ų̴̘̹̼̝̌̍͆̊͜c̴̢̣̻̩͇̽̔̒͐̚ḝ̷̝̝̫̺̩̦̬̲̙̱͎ ̷̨̢̛̘͍̞̥̖͓̳̐͛́̄͒̉̑̐̚͝b̵̡̛̰̹͍̝̻̼̩̱̺̤̿̿̅͐̄̓͒̽̈́̀y̸̱͍̖̞͚̱̺̥̻̓͆̅͌́͋͝ ̵̛͙͍̭̈̓͋̾̕̕͝ͅL̸̹̦͌̇͌̎͂͂̎͑̅̄͝o̶̢̢̧̠̞̱̥̝͈̬͎͕̫̯͋r̴̡̬̜̯̹̒̽͐͆d̸̢̡̳̲̜̗̻̺̹̥̔̃̇̿̋ͅ ̶̢̘͇̳̟̖̣͑̀̔̓̆͒̿͆̂̋Ḥ̴͋̎͛͑͆̂̀̈́̏͐̓̕̚͝͠ọ̸̡͚̭̩͚̮̜͇̯͖̝̘̀̽̏̑̎̊́̑̅̕͜b̶͉̮̗̻̬̺̪̥͇̞́̌͗̉o̶̢̨͔̖̺̲͓̘̺̘̤͙͂̌̈̈͂̈́̍̎̄̈̑̏͠ ̶͖̯͖̞̞̝̬͎͔̺͍͛̏̾̂͑̕̚̚͝t̵͔̥͙̘̲̎̇̀̊̈̔̈́̈́͑̓͘̚ǒ̷̢̝͈̥͎̬̹͓̬̳͉̩̬̱̍͌͛͒̎̉́̒̈́̿͝͝ņ̵̨̖͕̤͈̂͑̀̃̓̎̀̊̔̉͛͊̏̇̚ͅͅͅi̴͙͒̿́̓͗̕͝g̴̬͕͍̩̘̦̔̊̈̈́̈́̆̕͜͝h̷̢͎͚̐̓̾͑̀̓t̴̰̺̭̮̐̃̀͆̑̅͐̌̓̚͘.̸̜̜̓͛͗͌̈́͂͊̌̊͛͘͘

Got my monthly 4-pack subscription from a local Akron brewery today. Asked if there was anything good this month and got a awkward look from the guy. Hope he didn't think that I meant nothing in my last 4 packs have been good, because they're becoming one of my favorite locals and I haven't even been to their taproom in person yet.

Just cracked open a beer as I'm about to start spinning my RSD haul.

I got a beer called Ze-Land, Which is a New Zealand style Double India Pale Ale.

1623520730212.jpeg

Back