The Taproom (aka Anything and Everything Beer)

Out of curiosity, what's your go to?
Mainly pale ales and IPAs, followed by pilsners, kolsch, other lighter/wheat beers. Stouts and porters are more a seasonal thing for me in colder seasons and in significantly fewer numbers than the IPAs. Tend to not enjoy heavily malted or lager beers but that's just a preference thing not a palatability.

The strange thing is that super bitter or piney IPAs don't phase me and I actually seek some of the funkier hope blends out. Just can't get the sour though.

Mainly pale ales and IPAs, followed by pilsners, kolsch, other lighter/wheat beers. Stouts and porters are more a seasonal thing for me in colder seasons and in significantly fewer numbers than the IPAs. Tend to not enjoy heavily malted or lager beers but that's just a preference thing not a palatability.

The strange thing is that super bitter or piney IPAs don't phase me and I actually seek some of the funkier hope blends out. Just can't get the sour though.
Ales all the way for me! Anything from pale ales to IPAs and everything in between. I much prefer a hoppy and bitter beer to a malty and sweet one. I'm with you on dark beers such as stouts and porters, they are more of a seasonal type beer, perfect for that cold crisp Autumn/Winter air, like your favorite comfort food. 🍻

Ales all the way for me! Anything from pale ales to IPAs and everything in between. I much prefer a hoppy and bitter beer to a malty and sweet one. I'm with you on dark beers such as stouts and porters, they are more of a seasonal type beer, perfect for that cold crisp Autumn/Winter air, like your favorite comfort food. 🍻
Now a chocolate or some other dessert stout is my preferred after dinner treat at a nice restaurant in any season. I'd much rather have that than a subpar flan.

The Wolf's Ridge - Night Method comes to mind.

Was out in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont hiking and kyaking and had planned a stop at Hill Farmstead on the way back. However when we got there they were closed for a Farmstead Ale event. My dumbass didn’t even think to check their website beforehand.

However, because of that we found a really cute brewery about a half hour south called Red Barn Brewery in Danville. I would have never come across it had they been open.

This is the same IPA pictured below as is in the growler. It’s super piney, hoppy, not bitter or alcohol-y at all. Bonus hike pictures

View attachment 13310
View attachment 13308
View attachment 13309
View attachment 13306
View attachment 13305
View attachment 13307
My god, Vermont looks like a nice place.
Starting early, I’m on a hazy pale ale from one of my fairly local to home breweries, The Kernel. It’s good.

View attachment 13549
Something I only just thought of: in England do they just call them pale ales, and then call others IPAs, APAs, etc.? Apart from IPAs here our cans usually specify "American" or "English" or whatever pale ale.

Tonight’s starter from Thornbridge in collaboration with Magic Rock.

A6139927-FA9C-48F2-9D4C-A3F08111A9F2.jpeg

Something I only just thought of: in England do they just call them pale ales, and then call others IPAs, APAs, etc.? Apart from IPAs here our cans usually specify "American" or "English" or whatever pale ale.

Some pale ales offer designations such as American or more specific West Coast or New England etc. Some you’ll only get that from the more detailed description on a can/bottle and some not at all.

Officially finished , why phunkenship, a brewery not even opened is in this book is beyond me, fuck platform, fuck them for selling out, but yes enjoy every other Cleveland brewery because there are some great places here
View attachment 13945
Platform is gross as hell anyways...Budweiser and platform were meant for each other

Back